Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Messaging account server down?

thaer92

can we get some nokia rep to help us out here?

can't log in using current email and can't sign up on PC or mobile (n97 mini)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zderzaq

So same as myself :<<<

Please use plain text.
bfritsch

N900 in Israel using nokia messaging for yahoo and gmail accounts.

Messaging stopped working for me this morning. wouldn't sync any new emails.

I logged on to the messaging settings and everything seems o.k. there.

Deleted the account from the N900 email client and then tried to reinstall. Didn't work the first time - got error messages and the account configuration restarted. Finally it managed to complete the account setup but when I go into the account I don't see the subaccounts (yahoo and gmail).

Seems to be some sort of server problem. I set up a separate account directly to my yahoo account which works fine (but doesn't push emails like nokia messaging).

Anyone else still having problems? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lokkie81

Is the Nokia messaging still done? I've got the problem since this morning...

Please use plain text.
bfritsch

Still not working for me.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

this is getting pathetic.. still no response from the team support or something

Please use plain text.
miss_judai

ive been having the same issue since this weekend with my email nokia messaging server being down.. occasionally it would retrieve new msgs but later go offline again.. but now its complete down.  i have tried cancelling my account on nokia messaging and setting it up again and redownloading the application on my phone but now im stuck at even trying to login.. during verification of password.. it comes up with an error message that says not server located, etc.

i tried talking to nokia care but they insist its a problem with my provider ATT and i called ATT and they insists its the nokia server.

i dont know anymore.. and i hope it gets back up and running because its frustrating already!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ColmSmyth

[ Edited ]

The main problem here is that users cannot log into their email.nokia.com accounts via the webpage, users getting account password not recognized.

This is still the case today 29JUN2010

Nokia PLEASE RESPOND, your customers demand it

Ask...If I can help I most certainly will
Please use plain text.
bfritsch

[ Edited ]

My nokia messaging account just popped back to life. Nothing I did. The phone just started receiving all the emails from the last couple of days and now my two email accounts are up to date. 

Just a note - I never had a problem logging on to my messaging account settings via PC. The only issue was that the phone wasn't connecting/receiving my emails. I think the previous post may be a different problem (although it could still be related somehow).

Please use plain text.
Advisor
outspoken

From India here. My last successful sync was 26th June 2010.

I have re-installed the app, now am unable to create an A/C, on attempting to add a mail account, it does not proceed beyond verifying the password stage.

And yet, I see front page advts. on news papers claiming:

Getting push mail on your nokia is as easy as 1,2,3

I think it should be 1,2,3,......................,infinity...

Phone : 5230

P.S. New Mail for exchange client for 5230 is out - ver 3, should have html mail, will check...

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi everyone,

It is the same for me : my two accounts (gmail + gmail pro) do not sync with the server since Thursday 24th June !!!!!! (France). I use MfE just to download new emails waiting for a miracle to come. I am so so so disappointed, it's been the 3rd time nokia email application shutdown. I bought a Nokia E55 for its business applications such as emails that are precious for my company but it doesn't work properly. Shame on you Nokia, your customer have been complaining  for almost a month and still no answer from you !!??

This time I am leaving for sure ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
marcbcn

From Barcelona (Spain)

Using with Nokia E90 for 2 years, working with 5 email accounts without any problem till...on the 25th June it upload all emails even they were already uploaded, and since then no more emails uploaded, and in "connection info" it says that sync successful

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Nokia n97 mini

I lost contact with messaging on Monday, June 28th. Since then I reinstalled the Nokia Messaging application and re-added my account (on mail.ovi.com).

I am getting successful sync, HOWEVER no messages are being downloaded! The mailbox on my phone is EMPTY, even though when I log in via browser on my computer there are at least 50 messages, half of them unread.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zderzaq

[ Edited ]

leonidas300 wrote:

Hi everyone,

[...] I bought a Nokia E55 for its business applications such as emails that are precious for my company but it doesn't work properly.[...]

For this purpose Nokia has MfE - not Nokia Messaging or Nokia Email.

Both NM and NE are meant for individual users, not companies.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
YogeshGarg

I faced the same nokia server down issues today for around 2-3 hours.

Please use plain text.
goujo54

Same problem from today morning

Please use plain text.
plot24

Sync failure all day today. Last success was 08:40 today. Does anyone know if the server is down today ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
justtest

looks like they are having some problems with energy bill :smileyhappy:

http://twitter.com/nokiamessaging/status/18049255706

Please use plain text.
Contributor
karadumann

yeah all day long i have this annoying problem here in turkey. the phone doesn't sync at all!!!

Please use plain text.
plot24

Just received Emails following succesful sync, so it was server issue and not my phone.
Please use plain text.