Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N95 8GB unlock code?

Nokia N95 8GB unlock code?

hi i have this nokia n95 8GB i bought from ebay and its got some lock code on it and i dont know what it is, neither does the seller how do i reset the whole phone without needing to have put the lock code in?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia N95 8GB unlock code?

The default unlock code is 12345 unless the previoous owner changed it.

Please use plain text.

12345, 1234, 0000 none work :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Updating the firmware on an N95-2 will reset the security code to 12345.

However, your original query wasn't that clear. Is it the phone's security code you're asking for or the unlock code that allows you to use SIM cards from networks other than the original one the phone was used on (so-called restriction code)? Only the original network can provide the restriction code.

Also make sure that it is in fact a genuine N95-2 that you have. There are countless fakes on sale on eBay.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.