Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Smart Installer fails

Counsellor
yowanvista

Nokia Smart Installer fails

So whenever I try to install a QT based application from OVI store, Nokia smart installer starts downloading files 1 of 9 up to 9 of 9, but when the download finishes it says' cancelling installtion'

Seems a lot of people are facing this software bug/issue but Nokia didn't do anything

Things i've tried

-Manually installing the QT files

-Removing ,reinstalling Nokia Smart Installler/Ovi store

-Hard Reset Phone

-Reinstall same firmware

What should I do now?

Any help is appreciated

N97mini with v30.0.004

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
yowanvista

Re: Nokia Smart Installer fails

Anyone?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Nokia smart installer fails. Highly unreliable  :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BimbitBodoh

I see hardly any reply from Nokia!
What is the point having this forum if Nokia does not response.
Sleepers in Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

BimbitBodoh, the Smart Installer tries its best and normally does a very good job. Unfortunately, it does consume a lot of memory while installing. A resource constrained Nokia like the N97 creates a lot of issues here. Consequently: BimbitBodoh, which Nokia and firmware do you use? How many space to you have left on drive C? Which app do you want install, perhaps there is a non-smart installer variant?

Please use plain text.