Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Social Issue(s)

Counsellor
IacopoP
Accepted Solution

Nokia Social Issue(s)

Hi, updated to Belle few days ago. Together with the update, i also updated the social app (to last 1.5 release).

I noticed that the sharing option on a picture, doesn't work (it says something like functionality not supported).

Today i reainstalled everything, wiping off my cell memory, and now i cannot seem to find the social app on the store anymore....

Any info about this? :smileyhappy:

Thanks a lot

Cheers,

Iacopo

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

did you get the update prompt for social? I am yet to get it even after 2 days of updating to belle.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
iluvmingjie

my n8 camera is having problem after updating de software on de phone.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
IacopoP

Yeah, i got it as soon as i installed Belle the day it rolled out.... then, though, they found issues on the pic sharing functionality and, i guess, they kinda hide the app in the store: as for now, i cannot find it if i use the store's search functionality but if i browse all app, it's still there....

Anyway, i did yesterday an hard reset of the cell, reinstalled belle and now i don't get the app update neither (but this may be given by the issue i pointed out above).

Still waiting for a new fixed social version :smileywink:

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Sage
bkly11

IacopoP wrote:

Hi, updated to Belle few days ago. Together with the update, i also updated the social app (to last 1.5 release).

I noticed that the sharing option on a picture, doesn't work (it says something like functionality not supported).

Today i reainstalled everything, wiping off my cell memory, and now i cannot seem to find the social app on the store anymore....

Any info about this? :smileyhappy:

Thanks a lot

Cheers,

Iacopo

Nokia support team currently working on a fix. The fix will be included in the next software version. Follow this thread.

Remove Social v1.5 and install Social v1.3 should be works fine.

Hope this helps you.

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the Kudos star at the left. If it provides you the solution, please click on the GREEN Accept as Solution button at below
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

Social network client version 1.5.215 is to download and install via SW Update (or Nokia Suite) for Nokia Belle devices. This version fixes the photo sharing issue.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gabriele339

@ svi78

When will Social 1.5 be available for E6, too??

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kenocom

I got myself nokia asha 200 not too long ago. On the second day after purchase my social app dissappeared. Even my mail option start coming on and off. Anyone wit any idea on how to resolve this?
Please use plain text.
Chans22

But the App itself is not working.. how it will solve the gallery sharing issue???
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Uninstall your existing social app. If you are using social 1.3.237 go to menu>installations>already installed and uninstall social installer, social homescreen widget and social. In you are using social 1.5.215, uninstall social installer 1. Then check for timezone, social installer helper, Facebook widget, twitter widget and all activity widget. Uninstall them if they are still staying on already installed apps. Now connect your phone to pc(with internet or alternately you can connect to internet using your phone as modem via Nokia suite), open Nokia suite and check for updates. Social will be shown. Install it. Guess your problem should be solved.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Tsnow

Plz can someone tel me what's going on with N9 I regretted buying it I can't even use what apps or fring or common nimbuzz this phone is just a toy this will be last Nokia I will ever buy if u people can't consider what ur costumer want u people re very self fish infact am highly disappointed
Please use plain text.

There was an update for Social networks(1.5.216) - which couldn't be done - Later I tried to delete the original social app and get a new one - everything gone. Now the last bit of file which is still sticking some where in my phone prevents a new download of the app and update. Any help...........try getting me also through vmailj@rediffmail.com

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Gentledozy

I'm using Nokia x2-01. In just a twinKle of an eye I Lost all the preinstalled games and apps, all the gallery files and web browser including six menu items of the phone they are calculator; life tools, chat, communities and mail. I tried to download a game from Nokia store, it says certificate not on phone. Tried to update software it says no provider found. Requested for service settings from my service provider it says my device is not recognized. Someone pls help me!!! Is my phone no longer nokia?
Please use plain text.