Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia X6 QT applications issue

Contributor
Harishram
Accepted Solution

Nokia X6 QT applications issue

Hi

I have Nokia X6, RH559

Updated to the latest firmware V40.0.002

Installed

1. QT 4.07(301)

2. QT Mobility 1.01(301)

3. QT Webkit 4.08(0)

in C drive only.

As specified in the link

http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/Support_for_Symbian

But when i tried to install an application from Nokia Store, it installs Smart Installer and when it detects for QT, it couldn't find the installed QT and it requires for downloading QT and while dl completes it says Cancelling Installation and quits,

when i tried to install it again from the smart installer again, it shows continuing installation and again it stops by showing cancelling installation. i tried it with a constant WIFI internet only so Time out cannot happen.

Please help me on this.

Contributor
Harishram

QT Issue resolved and working fine.

Contributor
Harishram

Follow the steps below,

1. Backup all the data fromthe mobile.

2. do a hard reset by typing *#7370#

(when it asks for security code type in 12345)

3. Goto ovi store and click launch OVI.

4. when it asks for update OVI store, accept it, it will install the new Nokia Store.

5. wait till it completes.

6. when the Nokia store opens, first install any application that requires smart installer.

(do not install ANY application before doing this step. not even Opera, Google Mps, anything Just do as I told)

7. when it asks for first download required accept it and let it do its work.

8. go to settings->application mgmt->installed apps

9. check for the below softwares.

QT 4.07(301).

QTMobility 1.01(302).

QT WebKit 4.07(3).

Nokia Smart Installer AMD 2.02(0).

sqlite 0.50(0).

10. If any of them is missing try installing another software from OVI through Smart Installer.

for example,

First I install Puppy Talk, which installs only QT, QT Mobility, Smart Installer and sqlite but it didn't install the QT WebKit,

Next I install Hear and Write, which installs the QT WebKit. So please follow the above procedure before installing any other apps from any site.

11. After all the above are installed once, the next time if we install any app by Smart Installer will not download the QT components while installing other QT application.

Possible reasons for Smart Installer malfunctioning:

1. Installing unsigned software by signing it with manually.

(Reason is when you install a singned unsigned application it will tell you iit may harm your mobile, but we use to refuse reading it and install the application.)

2. Installing incompatable applications, by refuse reading the warning given when installing them.

3. Hacking the Phone.

I've installed the QT softwares,

so now I'm going to install other softwares by signing them,

Contributor
Harishram

[ Edited ]

Please contact me on a personal message for more Info and Help on QT application installation Problem.

MODERATORS NOTE: E-mail address has been removed. Sharing of personal information is not allowed on the forums. Please do not share sensitive or personal information as it could threaten your personal security

Registered Member
pnr704

:smileyhappy: thanks man, you deserve appreciation. 

Registered Member
tiger_1

Thx man ....my qt issue is resolved:thumbsup: