I have Nokia X6, RH559
Updated to the latest firmware V40.0.002
1. QT 4.07(301)
2. QT Mobility 1.01(301)
3. QT Webkit 4.08(0)
in C drive only.
As specified in the link
But when i tried to install an application from Nokia Store, it installs Smart Installer and when it detects for QT, it couldn't find the installed QT and it requires for downloading QT and while dl completes it says Cancelling Installation and quits,
when i tried to install it again from the smart installer again, it shows continuing installation and again it stops by showing cancelling installation. i tried it with a constant WIFI internet only so Time out cannot happen.
Please help me on this.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Follow the steps below,
1. Backup all the data fromthe mobile.
2. do a hard reset by typing *#7370#
(when it asks for security code type in 12345)
3. Goto ovi store and click launch OVI.
4. when it asks for update OVI store, accept it, it will install the new Nokia Store.
5. wait till it completes.
6. when the Nokia store opens, first install any application that requires smart installer.
(do not install ANY application before doing this step. not even Opera, Google Mps, anything Just do as I told)
7. when it asks for first download required accept it and let it do its work.
8. go to settings->application mgmt->installed apps
9. check for the below softwares.
QT WebKit 4.07(3).
Nokia Smart Installer AMD 2.02(0).
10. If any of them is missing try installing another software from OVI through Smart Installer.
First I install Puppy Talk, which installs only QT, QT Mobility, Smart Installer and sqlite but it didn't install the QT WebKit,
Next I install Hear and Write, which installs the QT WebKit. So please follow the above procedure before installing any other apps from any site.
11. After all the above are installed once, the next time if we install any app by Smart Installer will not download the QT components while installing other QT application.
Possible reasons for Smart Installer malfunctioning:
1. Installing unsigned software by signing it with manually.
(Reason is when you install a singned unsigned application it will tell you iit may harm your mobile, but we use to refuse reading it and install the application.)
2. Installing incompatable applications, by refuse reading the warning given when installing them.
3. Hacking the Phone.
I've installed the QT softwares,
so now I'm going to install other softwares by signing them,
13-02-2012 20:15 - last edited on 13-02-2012 20:18 by John_Tesla
Please contact me on a personal message for more Info and Help on QT application installation Problem.
MODERATORS NOTE: E-mail address has been removed. Sharing of personal information is not allowed on the forums. Please do not share sensitive or personal information as it could threaten your personal security