Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Betreff: Nokia battery monitor

Mobile Sensei
carman58

Nokia battery monitor

Quick heads up. new app released in Ovi store today , Nokia Battery Monitor, works out battery usage and can be set as a home screen widget for phones with widget support, but works on various handsets !

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/12281_Nokia_Battery_Monitor_debuts.php

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hinkefuss25

i installed the app and deinstalled it fast because the energy onitor is not working anymore.
but now i cant use the energy profiler and the battery monitor anymore.
the energy profiler says "all measurements not possible. channel is reserved by another application." so its unusuable now.
the battery monitor is deinstalled and i cant reinstall it because the ovi-store dont let me download it again.
this is **bleep**. how to fix this?
°^#>---X6---#^°

sorry for my bad english. i´m german. SCHLAAAAAAAND!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: Nokia battery monitor

working fine on my N97 , try this link on your PC http://store.ovi.com/content/61776/download

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Downloaded and installed on my Nokia 5800xm... Working but the reliability must be tested... I puposely did not use my phone since installation..(its about 10 hours now..) and the data is erratic... It showed 12% on istallation then it came down to 4% ... and currently showing 8% again...May stabilize after a few recharges...   I hope...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

it says with the app that it needs to run for a few days to establish accurate data !

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Creepy

I like this, installed it on my N8 and it works great. Had to do a reboot before it would launch but now sitting quite happily on my main home sreen.

Thanks for the heads up.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lonewulf70

@hinkefuss:

The info page for the battery monitor app does say that the battery monitor and energy monitor apps can not be run/installed at the same time....

Also it does say the following for uninstall instructions, so make sure you did the following:

"Remove NBM Service and Battery Monitor from the Applications Manager. If you wish to reinstall Nokia Batter Monitror, please reboot the device before that"

That being said - im sure that if you want to reinstall energy monitor too - you will need perhaps reboot first too....?

Since i just copied pasted the above as information for you since it seemed relevant and while iw as reading the info tab, i did wonder what the "enery monitor" is and what it does ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lonewulf70

i agree with carman58 - the app does say the estimates will get better after some use over several days... it seems quite good so far as an app for information - accuracy of course to be verified later....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
138poohbear

Anyone else finding this app makes the ordinary battery level icon stick at 100%?

Since installing I'm stuck at full bars whereas the app is reading 39% after plenty of usage today.

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

I installed it on both my Nokia 5800 and X6. It is a very nice app, but I have some considerations.

1) When I select a tab or the option menu, there is a purple square around it, instead of just the tab or the option box selected. Remove it, please!

2) Is it possible to make the question "Do you allow the phone to access to user data" answered just once and not every time the app is started? With a tickbox or a "Yes, always" option, at least...

3) When passing from portrait to landscape, it says "Analyzing" again before viewing the results that there where already in portrait mode!

4) It seems not to remember the stats of previous days. I installed it yesterday on my 5800, but today it shows me only the Sunday stats. I think it's not a problem of the app, so how can I solve it?

And now a question: if a new version comes to Ovi Store, how can we know?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

138poohbear wrote:

Anyone else finding this app makes the ordinary battery level icon stick at 100%?

Since installing I'm stuck at full bars whereas the app is reading 39% after plenty of usage today.

On my Nokia 5800xm it did not happen after installation.. But I will confirm that after I charge my mobile today...

...but in the mean time, can you pl. check after a re-boot...?

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Sage
Akuma07

I installed this App.

In the energy distribution, what is 'Other'? (the blue)

My distribution is LARGELY taken up by this 'other'

Also, i unplugged my phone from the charger this morning at 10am. Had the battery monitor running the whole time, and in 4 hours, the battery monitor says my battery has decreased by 10%

10% in 4 hours? without ANY use? This phones battery is a piece of **bleep**. (n8)

Hit the white star if I have helped you =]
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alpenatorn8

I installed the Batt Monitor and it seemed OK for a few days, although the reading was very different to the phone *bars*

Now, however, it is permanently stuck on *Analysing* It won't do anything at all.

Like a lot of stuffr for my new N8 I am VERY DISAPPOINTED

:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]
There is absolutely no problems over 2 recharges as far as the indicator bars are concerned.. but to my surprise it showd 25 days+ life at 100% of the 2nd recharge..Yet to stabilise it seems..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

guys the battery monitor drains the battery, read here .

Reality is wrong....dreams are for real... 2pac .
don't forget to hit that green kudos :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

elie7 wrote:

guys the battery monitor drains the battery, read here .

Beg to differ.. I am unable to notice any such thing since 14th Nov., when I installed the Nokia Battery Monitor on my Nokia 5800xm. It may be a one-off case..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

the problem might be only on the n8 .
Reality is wrong....dreams are for real... 2pac .
don't forget to hit that green kudos :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

May be...

Akuma07 should monitor this after uninstalling..whether he gets it back to about 60 hrs..

Please use plain text.
Sage
Akuma07

Yeah okay, my battery will run out in about 6 hours, so i will uninstall Battery Monitor and see how I go for the next charge!

Hit the white star if I have helped you =]
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
138poohbear

A hard reset followed by uninstalling the Battery Monitor solved my problem with the bars stuck at 100% on the 5230.

Please use plain text.