Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Betreff: Nokia battery monitor

Mobile Overlord
farby

138poohbear wrote:

A hard reset followed by uninstalling the Battery Monitor solved my problem with the bars stuck at 100% on the 5230.

Does this mean Hard Reset did not solve the issue.. Un-installing the Nokia Battery Monitor did..

If thats the case then other users having same problem should simply un-install the NBM and not go the long-difficult way of Hard reset...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Statistics Reset option would have been nice..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Sage

@farby,

i did have problems with calculating and displaying... and did not reset, only de-install and re-install, and then everything worked.

Please use plain text.
Professor
kman00

they need to fix this issue, i havent used my N97 in a while but i usually charge it every now and then just to keep it on in case i need it, i thought about checking the battery monitor on N97 and just look at the difference!! something needs to be done by nokia...

Nokia N80
Nokia N82
Nokia N97
Nokia N8 Dark Gray- RM-596
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

I had Battery monitor installed for a few days on my N8 and found the battery would barely make it through a day before having to recharge it. However, since uninstalling it I can get 3 days easily before having to recharge. So there definitely is a problem with this app and the N8.

Shame really, as it's a nice idea to be able to monitor battery usage and check estimates of remaining battery life.

I really hope all these niggling issues with Symbian 3 get fixed with a Firmware update.

Ray

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

Unfortunately the problems are not only with Symbian^3, so along with the firmware, an app update is needed.

This is what I found using Battery Monitor on my X6...

I hope that someone important read this and pass the info to the developer team!

Please use plain text.
Sage
Akuma07

I used to get around 60 hours from my N8 regardless of use.

Then i installed Battery Monitor app, and the battery went down to 30-40 hours, regardless of use.

I uninstalled Battery Monitor about a week ago, and since then my battery lasted 60 and 72 hours respectively.

The app uses alot of energy as it is constantly active, especially if you are using it as a widget.
Hit the white star if I have helped you =]
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Ok.. so the problem seems to be with ^3...

Please use plain text.
lafayette84

Re: Nokia battery monitor

no way of removing it. Also tried with "Delete" option on the orphan icon, it simply tells me: "Damaged file".

I browsed with ActiveFile through all dirs of the phone, searching for a file with a name that resembles the application, but nothing....very good work from nokia developers

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Try this..

/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/How-to-Remove-quot-stuck-quot-Apps/td-p/692348

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tahvo

My keeps saying 60% other battery use. Althoug I lisen music till battery dies out :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
sneham

:smileysad: Same experience here.

Installed Battery monitor in my N8 and it always show "Charging" or "Analyzing".

Felt it could be an useful app. Made it a homescreen widget as well.

Uninstall it or any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

I will suggest.. Un-install it.. Anyways there are a few observations of Battery Draining fast on Nokia N8 with this install.. if you go thru' all the posts above..

Please use plain text.
Sage

sneham wrote:

:smileysad: Same experience here.

Installed Battery monitor in my N8 and it always show "Charging" or "Analyzing".

Felt it could be an useful app. Made it a homescreen widget as well.

Uninstall it or any suggestions?

If you are using an N8, avoid this app like the plague. It's ironic that an app that's supposed to "monitor" your battery usage is the one that "use" the most battery. I cannot get more than a day when I had this app installed, after uninstalling it, I managed to get around 50 hours. The battery asks for power saving mode after 2 days (previously it will ask for power saving after 18 hours).

Please use plain text.
Sage
andycoydwilson

i have been using this app and widget since release on my N8 and seen no change in battery drain. Try un-install then re-install if you want to use it. it may be a corrupt installation
If this was helpful please click Star for Kudos

Phone history :-3210, 3100, 3200, 6230i, N73, N95-8GB, N97, N8, Lumia800, Lumia920, Lumia620, Lumia820, Lumia1020
Please use plain text.
lafayette84

I already tried that method, I wonder if anyone also read it instead of pasting the link almost everywhere. It's clearly not related to Symbian 5th, since there's no private folder on my memory card, and mainly that article is oriented to java apps.

Please use plain text.
Sage
andycoydwilson

I had a problem with some software (corrupt files)on N97. connect to PC and check private folders and delete all files it worked for me last time .
good luck
If this was helpful please click Star for Kudos

Phone history :-3210, 3100, 3200, 6230i, N73, N95-8GB, N97, N8, Lumia800, Lumia920, Lumia620, Lumia820, Lumia1020
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
c_jiet

I had installed tis app in my X6 but i cant find it.
May I know how can i locate this app n launch it?
I have reboot my phone but still nothing appear..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Normally.. should be under the Applications folder..

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

In the X6 it is under the Web folder, I don't know why but I found it there both on X6 and 5800...

Please use plain text.