Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia battery monitor

Mobile Overlord
farby

Installed v1.2

Remaining charging time GONE for Christmas holidays...lol

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
aref_b

Betreff: Nokia battery monitor

have the same problem - cannot re-install the battery monitor. any hints how to fix this prbl? in ovi store the download-button is grey and I'm not able to use it.

Please use plain text.
Sage

@aref_b

Make sure you remove everything related to the Battery monitor in Settings|Application Management|installed Apps

1. Battery Monitor Installer (left behind after install, another bug due to shoddy programming)
  2. Battery Monitor
  3. Battery Monitor Service

After removing all that you should be able to redownload.

Note that 1.2 does NOT address any of the issues in 1.1

Ever seen a black lemon? They turn black when they rot. My N97 is black. 'nuff said
Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

kiltbear wrote:

@aref_b

Make sure you remove everything related to the Battery monitor in Settings|Application Management|installed Apps

1. Battery Monitor Installer (left behind after install, another bug due to shoddy programming)
  2. Battery Monitor
  3. Battery Monitor Service

After removing all that you should be able to redownload.

Note that 1.2 does NOT address any of the issues in 1.1

Also note that the Uninstallation instuctions, (under info tab) state that you should reboot before reinstalling.

N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

Here is what I found.

The app seems a little more stable, but has the same problems as the previous ones (why is it so difficult?).

Installed on Saturday, on Sunday all Saturday's stats were gone (maybe because it didn't run for the whole day).

Today - Wednesday - Monday and Tuesday's stats are gone, deleted, and Sunday's stats keep changing - less than in previous versions, but still changing, which they mustn't do, since Sunday is gone and stats are a fact, not something influenced by future use (unless it is another Sunday, but this is not the case).

I suggest the developer team to test the app fore a little more than 5 minutes, at least 5 days to see if the new version really works or it's just a mathematical exercise on how to increment version numbers.

Do they really read feedback mails? I sent them at least 4, but it seems that the app has the same problems of the two previous versions. And we are talking about Nokia, not a third party developer that have to learn how a phone works.

I'm a Nokia fan and I also think that Battery Monitor would be a very nice app, but it has to work!

So please, make just another version, but test it and ensure that it do what it have to. Not else, just the things it says it can do. Thanks.

Two more things to conclude:

- the question about accessing data is annoying and nonsense! Anyone would answer "Yes" and if someone answer no will uninstall the app or never use it again, so there is no meaning in keep asking every single time!

- the interface is a little slow to appear, someone said that it "seems a Java app ported in a Symbian installation".

Please use plain text.
Professor
romperompe

@steceso-Its a widget (.wgz).
Not (.sisx) or (.jar).
Some widgets are slow.
IF YOU FIND POSTS HELPFUL HIT THE BIG GREEN BOX TO THE LEFT WITH THE WHITE STAR IN IT THANKS
Please use plain text.
Professor
romperompe

I installed this on my 5230..charged my phone completely..and still it shows 64% charge..and it does not decrease even the phone comes down to 1 bar..whats the use of this app when my phone shows 1 bar and the battery monitor stats dont decrease at all??
Am i doing anything wrong?
IF YOU FIND POSTS HELPFUL HIT THE BIG GREEN BOX TO THE LEFT WITH THE WHITE STAR IN IT THANKS
Please use plain text.
borhel12

I have just installed battery Monitor 1.2 on my N97 mini. When starting the application i recieved a warning message twice " Access to device data is needed for detecting charger and double taps. Please allow access in order to use battery Monitor" when answering this warning with an OK tap (twice) the application does not start (rather abends).

Can anybody advice what to do ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Try re-installing the Battery Monitor.. Refer posts above for .. 'How to Un-install'..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Professor
romperompe

Great.
This battery extender increased my battery life.
But one thing i dont understand is that the monitor statistics are quite accurate but now my battery bars dont decrease!
Please use plain text.
borhel12

Thanks

I tryed to reinstall the application twice, once on the phone memory, and once on a memory card. Before doing this I removed the three Battery components under installed priograms. But unfurtanlly its still the same result. When answering the scriptwarning with OK the application seems to start (you can see some of the GUI for a short while) then the screen go back to the menu. Is there any other setting (outside this application) to allow the application to access user data

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Freelancer0111

Same problem here: Always stuck at "Active use Analyzing.." using C6-01 S^3. tried to uninstall (all 3 listed apps) but nothing changed after restarting and reinstalling. worked fine before but now disappoints me.

Please use plain text.
Onpuchan

This would be a nice app, a must one, but many things are still missing...

For example: why didn't you replace the button "exit" with "hide" so that you can put it in background easily?

Another thing: is it my problem, or why does the program have no icon?

I wonder why this app wasn't in Beta Labs: it has got still some bugs and a lot of things can be added, so it would be useful.

Please use plain text.
rssevyn

yeh that sucks, if you have apps in your my stuff on ovi especially when you've paid for the app you should be able to download it again,they need to change this or is it an intentioanall rip off.
Please use plain text.
Sage
nokton12

Nice widget on homescreen, but I can't believe stats in the program. for days I used the phone for calls, messaging, musicplay, web browsing it shows 99% homescreen use. in that way its not very usefull.

Nokia N9 Black
Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

Yes, after about two weeks this happened also to me.

I suggest to all people having trouble not to rely only on this discussion, but also use the feedback mail, if you didn't it before.

It's the only way we have to obtain a working application!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mickeyaamir

you guys can re download the application by browsing ovi store via default web browser instead of ovi store app of your phone.
This ip because, default browser won't find any traces of prev installation of the same software, which, ovi store app do find it!! Isn't it simple?? :-)
Please use plain text.
Sage
nokton12

had installed version1.2 on N97mini. Could be a good app for us but I think needs a little support.

1. when I started BM from homescreen it always flickers between the white and dark theme for a few seconds.

2. when I tried to start BM from programs the screen appeard for 1-2 seconds then shut down itself.

3. the stats seemed not show the right usage (99% others by normal use).:smileymad:

Nokia N9 Black
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rpxmobile

I tested version 1.3 successfully on my 5233 so the purchase, but after a soft reset (* # 7370 #) I no longer see the application icon, it is no longer displayed, the files are there, but do not know where I can retrieve the application's icon in the programs folder.

Any idea? I have tried multiple resets the device and had no success.

Hugs,

RPX

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Isn't it Free ? Re-download the application from 'My Stuff' on the OVI Store and re-install.. You may want to uninstall the other files (Ref. kiltbear 's post of 27-12-2010 04:49 PM above..) before that..

Please use plain text.