Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia battery monitor

Registered Member
c_jiet

Re: Nokia battery monitor

[ Edited ]
it doesnt appear in my App. folder and web folder
The web folder u mentioned izzit inside Internet folder?
I still cant find it =(
Anyway how can i uninstall it so that i can reinstall again?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You can do that from the Applications Manager ( May be under Phone-->Settings..) Select options and remove after highlighting it...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

That's strange... in my phones it went under the Internet folder (not Web, just Internet).

If you can't find it, and still you want at least to look at it, you can put it as a shortcut in the homescreen. When you set shortcuts the name of the app should be there among the others, so you can launch it from the homescreen.

For a feedback about use on X6 read here. I hope you have a bettere experience, but if not, join me in contacting Nokia. The more we are, the better possibility we have to see an upgrade!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
c_jiet

yar, that's strange
i cant find it even i use the search machine..
wanted to reinstall again but the download button is grey out..
haiz.
so for other application, if i wan to uninstall, just remove them will do??
Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

Yes, in the app manager, remove is the same as uninstall.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Murrayit

I have issues on my N8. when i restart the phone sometimes it works ok and sometime it stuck at analyzing. The daily data is not being saved too...

Please use plain text.
Sage
Tirza

Battery Monitor 1.1 is available

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Can't make out any difference with the v1.. Can someone throw some light..??

Please use plain text.
Sage
Tirza

Just some minor improvements from v1.0, I suppose.

The only thing noticable is the v1.0 just say charging when charged, now the v1.1 still show howmany hours. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

So you have tried it, I suppose?

Can you or someone who tested it tell me if there are other differences?

Is it more reliable about the stats (they were all wrong and sometimes erased on my phone)? Does it decrease the battery life like the previous one? Are the purple squares (when selecting anything) still there? Do the user have to agree to the use of his data every time the app is launched or there is a "one time" option?

Forgive all my questioning, but this app made me hate my X6 for the problems I posted here, so I think you can understand. By the way, now I have a C6-01, so Symbian^3.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pspezone

Here is the solution for the upgrade  of Nokia Battery Moniotr ver 1.1 . Just visit this link and follow the instructions (an uninstall of older verison of battery moniotr will not help you to get back  Ver 1.1 )

Nokia Battery Monitor V1.1-How to upgrade ,if fails –Ovi Store tips

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

Good to know (I installed it on a brand new phone, so it's not my case).

As I just said, I've finally tried it on a Symbian^3 and found that many problems have simply been carried over from previous version... I wonder why it is so difficult to make an app that simply works. No special effects or unusual features, just something that do its job... and it's been made by Nokia itself, that's the odd thing!

This is what I found (I post it here because this board is more visited and probably someone with the right contacts can pass this to the developer team).

I really like this app, so I hope that someone will work to solve the simple problems it shows at the moment.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
soullessktty

I installed Battery Monitor on my N97 Mini. However, it asks for internet connection during the first time adding to my home widget, as well as, every once in a while it request permission to do so. The exact sentence is "Allow connection to network to enable updates to Home screen content? Updates can be disabled from 'Options'."  If I don't allow it to connect to internet, the % will be stuck at whatever number the last time it checked.  Sometimes a hard reboot will fix it temporarily, which upon starting up the widget, it will ask for network connection again.  In rare cases, I have to re-install to resolve it.

Nothing in my phone's home screen has any other widgets that requires internet connection.  In fact, my phone's home screen consists only Clock widget, favorite contacts, Wifi/WLAN scan (which is off all the time unless if I want to check for wifi), Nokia's message preview (for miss call/sms), and some apps shortcuts. 

Anyone has similar issues, or know if it's an issue with my phone or Battery Monitor itself?

TIA

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

This is a problem that also a person I know (who used the program as a widget) reported.

The problem is in the app itself, which has been proven to have some problems.

I already used the feedback mail to report the things I found, so I hope that we will see a new version on Ovi Store soon.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
heineoen

Today I see a version 1.2 on Ovi Store.
But when i download, it shows 1.1?
N8 FW: 022.014 -- Please separate Artist & Albums!
N86 8MP FW: 30.009 -- We need a new FW on this phone!
E51 FW: 410.34.001
E70 FW: 2.0618.07.10 -- Why no v3 for my code?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Lol... Excellent example of OVI store efficiency...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Sage

The same oppinion; it's already a mess that other apps doesn't have version displayed, but to mess with your own application, that's too much even for me...

Please use plain text.
Johny1

Funny jokes with this version 1.2

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

Seems like they have corrected the version now, it downloaded the 1.2 one.

I will try it and then give my feedback.

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

Well, yet another software highlight from Nokia, why do they even bother?

It does not only have problems on ^3 also on the N97 (no big surprise there, the N97 IS a problem).

• Download title says 1.2, app info says 1.1 as of yesterday.
  • Homescreen widget wants to go online. What for?
  • Homescreen widget, even when offline, prevents 3G or WLAN connection from being released after use by any other app. Problem goes away as soon as Battery monitor widget is removed.
  • Home screen widget freezes, stuck at charging or some arbitrary percentage level until phone reboot.
  • It forgets usage data from past days, only showing home screen and others for some past days, but not for others (Note: the current day data was correct for the days wrongly displayed)
  • And itr is slow as a s slug, drawing the screen in the main app takes up to 10 seconds

Off to the bin you go, Battery Monitor. Yet another of a decent idea very poorly executed by Nokia and thus rendered utterly useless.

Ever seen a black lemon? They turn black when they rot. My N97 is black. 'nuff said
Please use plain text.