Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia ebook and applications

Registered Member
sarfogh

Nokia ebook and applications

After touching iPhone 4, nokia please we should accept and work on our or your application, I know see why people go to sleep at enterances just to buy Iphones, is all about their applications. nokia don't anatomy and physiology for their health, BNF no, please bring on board all those stuff. It will give people reasons to buy iPhones.
Please use plain text.
Sage
jamesvini

Re: Nokia ebook and applications

I got the start there Sarfogh, but lost you at the end. Are you saying that nokia needs more applications? or nokia needs to sell the I-phone?
"Freedom is the only way, yeah!"
Please use plain text.
Professor
cataholic

I am also not sure what you are asking for or whether you are just having a moan.

But if it is that you are wanting an ebook reader for a Nokia phone then there are several good ones available that I have used for at least S60 and Symbian^3 phones.

If this is what you are asking let us know what phone you have and you may then get some help.

Please use plain text.
Sage
jamesvini

I get the feeling its just a moan.
But i would love to know what you think is the best e-book reader for the N8?
Please use plain text.
Professor
cataholic

[ Edited ]

jamesvini wrote:

...But i would love to know what you think is the best e-book reader for the N8?

Hi,

Before getting the N8 I used a PDA for reading and Microsoft's .lit format which is, of course not available for the Nokia so I have settled on epub which seems to be the format gaining most ground and easy to get readers for or convert to from PDF, etc.

So I use Dorian eBook Reader at https://garage.maemo.org/projects/dorian/ which is an epub reader. The current ver 0.4.4 did have a bad bug when exiting full screen mode (it exited the app instead) if one used that mode but that problem seems to have disappeared with Anna. It doesn't have a built in dictionary though but that is only a minor annoyance for me. Ver 0.4.8 seems to be close to release but I do not know what extras that will bring.

I have also used Albite eBook Reader at http://albite.vlexofree.com/reader which is also an epub reader and has more functions than Dorian plus the possibility of adding a dictionary. But for myself I prefer Dorian for its simpler and cleaner GUI (Dorian is a Qt app whereas Albite is Java).

If you have already tried those I would be interested in your comments on them, also if you know of any others (I have tried those in the Store but they seem to be either crude or top heavy with extra unused overhead added such as for buying books on line, etc).

Please use plain text.
Sage
jamesvini

Thanks for that cat, I have only tried one of the ones on OVI and it was as you say pretty "Poos".
I'll give Dorian a lash and see how we go, its got to be easier than reading game of thrones on my old IBM lappy.

Cheers!!!!
Please use plain text.