Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia lumia 520 push notification problem with wha...

Registered Member
Ravgee

Nokia lumia 520 push notification problem with whatsapp

[ Edited ]

I have a Lumia 520, and i find that i do not receive push notifications for my whatsapp messages. I have to open the application before the messages come through. I would like to know how to correct this. I have checked all my settings.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
104vikki

Re: Nokia lumia 520 push notification problem with whatsapp

Even I have same problem,..
tried all things like battery saver,and background app but I face such problem,
whats the solution for this
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jagu1402

Same problem. N how do i reboot my phone
Please use plain text.
Echttest

[ Edited ]

I had the same issue with Lumia 920. Since the last WhatsApp Update it workd just fine. Have you already installed the current version?

Maybe you have not received an update notification in store. You can manually checkout if you open the store and search for whatsapp. If update button will be shown you should install the new version.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mich77

I have same problem, have tried removing my battery, uninstalling whatsapp. Then reinstalled,etc to no avail.. Driving me mad!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ravgee

I have installed the updates, but from today, i found that the notifications come through sometimes, and sometimes i still have to open the app for the messages to come through.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
davinder09

Same problem here
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
davinder09

I have a Lumia 520, and i find that i do not receive push notifications for my whatsapp messages. I have to open the application before the messages come through. I would like to know how to correct this. I have checked all my settings.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
520lumiasonali

Hii i too am facing the same problem with my nokia 520, its really troublesome. If we cannot get notification then whats the use of WhatApps ???? Kindly suggest.

davinder09 wrote:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hegdeash

Even I Have same problem please share with if it u get the solution
Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

Hey, Update the app if there is an update available. Push notifications will be solved.And don not use any battery saver app because it kills background apps. :smileyhappy:

Updating the app solves this issue,If your app is up to date and still you are facing the problem then just uninstall the whatsapp and then reinstall the app from the market place. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ranbabu

FOr whatsapp problem. You have to make  different access point. 

Do 

Settings  then access point then add Connection name (provide as you want your name) 

Internet access point (fill the name; this depends on your network provider. Each network provider has different 

access point name for example; for Bsnl it is bsnlnet)

leave other thing as it. Save it and be outside 

Now make this access point active (which you have added). Simply tap the new access point. 

You will get your all whatsapp messages. 

Ravgee wrote:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ranbabu

FOr whatsapp problem. You have to make different access point.

Do

Settings then access point then add Connection name (provide as you want your name)
Internet access point (fill the name; this depends on your network provider. Each network provider has different
access point name for example; for Bsnl it is bsnlnet)
leave other thing as it. Save it and be outside
Now make this access point active (which you have added). Simply tap the new access point.

You will get your all whatsapp messages.
Please use plain text.
muhles

Have a problem. With WhatssApp can't. Connect favorite contacts stored somewhere,can't forward chats.can't delete angle chats,have to delete all.Can't open images,,receive chats a day after.Please assist
Please use plain text.
GORACHAND

Absolutely Right,I am also facing problem.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
KiranKK

Iam also facing same problem. Please suggest me

Please use plain text.
data48

On a HTC-forum I saw the next solution, and it works also for Nokia Lumia!  That means it is a Microsoft Issue!

1) Unpin Windows store from start

2) ERASE Internet Explorer History

3) ADD new language to the keyboard (Settings-->keyboard-->add keyboards

(CHOOSE A LANGUAGE THAT REQUIRE DOWNLOAD)

4) When downloading is finished, it will ask to restart and install

5) After installation and restart do the following;

A) UNINSTALL WHATSAPP

B) REINSTALL WHATSAPP (you can get conversation history back when asked, so no problem)

After this the push function works, but there is still a delay up to 10 minutes! So when you test, be patient.

NO BETTER PRESSURE MEDIUM THAN ANTI ADVERTISING SO AFTER THIS EXPEDITION PLEASE CHANGE YOUR STATUS TEXT TO:

USING WINDOWS; THAT MEANS DELAY UP TO 10 MINUTES

When all Window Phone users display that message, Microsoft has to come with a final solution! 

Please spread the word

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Aqeelah520

Have the same problem where the messages come through sometimes and then after a while it doesn't then I have to manually open the app.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fullmetal123

i cant find the access point option can you help me
Please use plain text.