Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia number book

Contributor
Mudessir

Nokia number book

I have install the nokia number book application in my cell few days ago and I am just curious about the data source I mean whatever number you enter in this application it gives you the owner name so I want to know from where this application is getting data ? Can anyone explain ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia number book

[ Edited ]

Its thru' their own database. When you install this application on your device, it records ALL contacts from your phone in its own database..similarly it does for all users. when a call is received or dialled to unknown no. the application searches the database and if found, it will display the contact. There may be cases where the no. is not in the database and it will not return any results ...More and more users..and the database will grow and there are more chances of it providing the details ..

Truecaller is another such application. You may read its FAQ section to get some idea how it works.. This is just for reference as could not find such documentation related to the subject application ...

Please use plain text.