Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

OFFLINE GAMES for my Nokia E5 ???

judek3

OFFLINE GAMES for my Nokia E5 ???

PLEASE HELP !!!   Where can I find standalone (offline) games for my Nokia E5 ???  I have tried everywhere and am prepared to pay a small sum for them.  I've d/loaded games from Ovi (even suppodedly "full versions")  only to be asked to connect to the internet every time.  How can something so simple be so hard ?  I'm beginning to wish I had my old phone back with pre installed games.  I'm looking for puzzle games - ie Sodoku and a few others.  Many thanks (in advance) for any help...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: OFFLINE GAMES for my Nokia E5 ???

Some of the games will request connection to the internet to download advertisements but should still work even if you deny access. Unfortunately you need to try them first to find out. 

Please use plain text.
judek3

Thanks for your advice cjlim, but I'd rather buy a full game than be forced to d/load ads.. Do they ALL have ads? Are there no games one can d/load unbothered by ads? As I said I'm happy to pay for a game, as long as I can get in in full and ad free.. I will be very grateful for any suggestions..
Please use plain text.
judek3

Also, there is only the option to connect and play or not to connect and not play.. The games I've tried don't work if you don't connect.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Most games are by 3rd party developers so they are all different. I have games that are completely free with no ads and there are also those with ads even though they are paid for games. There are plenty of free puzzle games from Ovi Store which do  not require internet connection. I'm sure you will find a few that will work for you. 

Please use plain text.
judek3

I'm extremely pleased to hear that cjlim; but could you please give me some idea of how to tell which ones are ad free and don't require internet connection ? In spite of searching I can find no such info. Admittedly I'm not particularly tech savvy; I really just need to know what to look for. Thanks again !!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Gameloft is a good source of quality ad free paid-for games that don't need a connection after download, not sure if they have E5 games but it's worth a look:

http://www.gameloft.co.uk/
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Sometimes they tell you in the description but make sure you read the reviews as well, because this is where previous users will describe their experience. After that, try it and hope for the best.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
M27o01

Hey bros, try ts jangjilong.mywibes.com Ts is a site maintained exclusively for nokia e5 by me. Hop u ll b satisfied
Please use plain text.
Leah1234

Ovi and Nokia really need to fix this. I would like offline games for my phone too but there is NO way of telling whether internet is required until after downloading/buying the game. Surely Ovi could put in a warning for games requiring internet as they never used to.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Leah1234 wrote:

Ovi and Nokia really need to fix this. I would like offline games for my phone too but there is NO way of telling whether internet is required until after downloading/buying the game. Surely Ovi could put in a warning for games requiring internet as they never used to.

Answered under other posts by you on same subject...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sachinchandri

offline games for nokia E5 is not available in ovi. Even apps required internet access alltime.. They always show a ads betwn games and apps and charge a money for clicking those ads,,, its so unbelievable for big nokia brands. That there users seek a offline games and apps but they are unable to provide.
Pls make sumthing nokia makers
Please use plain text.