Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

OVI Games all need internet to work?

Contributor
Fomindil

OVI Games all need internet to work?

Im sorry, Im having a feeling there is a catch somewhere and this should be obvious, but I couldn't find the solution for this one;

Im downloading games to my E61i smartphone... but all these games need to load adds and therefor it needs internet everythime I want to play. How frustrating!

So does this website offer stand alone games, where you just click and play.

Please im really looking for a good website. Ovi store looks nice, but im not willing to pay for a simple game like snake or anything. do i have to 'pay to play', or whats the deal?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: OVI Games all need internet to work?

Thats the way it works.. You have to decide whether you want to PAY every time you play a FREE game or just ONCE for a PAID one..

BTW, Google for it and you may find some REAL FREE games..and there may be some Free games on OVI Store too that may not need Internet connection..Read the details before you download..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
richard0123

I paid for a game online each time i download the game the connection gets cuts off

farby wrote:

Thats the way it works.. You have to decide whether you want to PAY every time you play a FREE game or just ONCE for a PAID one..

BTW, Google for it and you may find some REAL FREE games..and there may be some Free games on OVI Store too that may not need Internet connection..Read the details before you download..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

richard0123 wrote:

I paid for a game online each time i download the game the connection gets cuts off

Thats a separate issue.. you may need to contact the OVI Store support..Hope there isn't any issue with the Network..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Fomindil

I see, well than thats the way it is.

Yeah, sometimes its mentioned in the details when it will ask for a connection.

Im not not that kind of freak to spend money on that. So I found some REAL free games on OVI, but a great website to find for that is -> (google "mobile heart")

But I think most people know where to find some free stuff to fill in some time when your having a break on school, at work, anywhere whenever your bored and your smartphone is to the rescue.

Thanks for replying, this is solved. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Leah1234

This bugs me too! Ovi should have a warning!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Though not in all cases, there is a mention that the application will require Network Connection if you read the details...

Please use plain text.