Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Original Facebook app for N97 Mini.

Original Facebook app for N97 Mini.

I installed an updated Facebook app on my N97 mini, 1.00(5725). Installation went fine but upon starting the app it would go no further than a blue screen with the facebook logo in the center.  I've tried to find the orginal, the one that came installed on the N97 Mini but with no success.  I believe it is version v1.0.(5401). I've only managed to find version 1.00(4667) which doesn't show friends pictures in the news feed nor does it have a 'like this' button.  I've looked on the Ovi Store but it shows no results for Facebook on the N97 mini, which is odd as the handset comes with it pre-installed.!! 

Any ideas on how to replace with the version that came installed?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

Re: Original Facebook app for N97 Mini.

[ Edited ]

You´re right, that is odd...try looking for the facebook app that is designed for the N97, that sould work as well. And don´t forget to uninstall and reboot before you install it. :smileyhappy:

http://store.ovi.com/content/7907?clickSource=search 

I hope this solved your problem? 

Message Edited by illinjah on 06-Dec-2009 02:24 PM
By clicking the "Kudos!" or the "Solution?" button on the right you can say "Thank You" and you´ll show the author and others that the post is useful.

The day we stop improving is the day we stop being good.

Please use plain text.

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that I'd already tried that too. I told the Ovi store, using my PC, that my phone is an N97 and not an N97 mini and got the store to send me the link via text message, however when I go to the link to download using my 97 mini it tells me that it is not compatiable with my handset and wont allow me to download it. 

Why are these files not readily available to download? It would be a simple fix if I could just get the correct .sis file to install the version that came with the handset.  Nokia really have made hard work of this.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

I uploaded a file for you to try:

http://www.fileshost.com/download.php?id=CCA157471

I hope this´ll solve it! :smileyvery-happy: 

By clicking the "Kudos!" or the "Solution?" button on the right you can say "Thank You" and you´ll show the author and others that the post is useful.

The day we stop improving is the day we stop being good.

Please use plain text.

Thanks Illinjah for the upload, the file installs and works just fine, just like the 1.0.4667 version did.. But like that version doesn't show friends pics in the news feed nor is there a 'like this' button.  All I want is the version that comes pre-installed on the N97 mini, why is it impossible to find?
Please use plain text.

i am facing the problem here :smileyfrustrated: i was obliged to make a master reset when my n97 mini stacked up ! so i lost the facebook application .. i've ben searching the net for this orginal version but i cant find it :smileyfrustrated: am using the N97 application , but its sucks , u cant see pictures neither " like " button .. and its making conflicts with the home screen connection . :smileyfrustrated:  please help is needed a.s.a.p !!
Please use plain text.

Well I've about given up looking for the the Facebook app that came on my N97 mini, I'm using the one for the N97 too, and yes it does suck.  I guess we'll just have to wait until it or an newer one is released on the Ovi Store.  I still think it's odd that there isn't one on there now and wished I knew why.

Top marks Nokia. Not.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I too suffered with nokia for a very long time but I'm proud that I switched to iPhone. It has the best Facebook app and lots of other cool apps too.

After buying many nokia phones, I felt betrayed due to lack of support from Nokia. The only Nokia phone which I'm still keeping is nokia e71. Rest is all waste of money.

Time to move on guys. You will get no support whatsoever. Believe me as I have been a nokia user for over a decade now.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mrs_T

ne monuRe: Original Facebook app for N97 Mini.

I had the same problem as well - one minute it was there the next it was gone: replaced with the message: Loading Content.

I removed it from the main screen and tried to re-install it through applications but it didn't work either.

The Nokia store clowns were absolutely useless (but then again I am in the Middle East and the sales assistants are just there to sell not to know how to work the handsets (like durrr what was i expecting!)

I just tried this and it seemed to work:

Plug USB into phone and PC

delete FB from mainpage

go online to Ovi store and look for Facebook N97 send it to phone

install it

at the prompt (something like: do you want to override the installed FB) press yes

select Facebook

select download

Voila

Don't know if using the USB helped... but when i did a search for Facebook for N97 mini nothing came up...

At last... FB on the go.

I was *THIS* close to burying it in the desert and getting an iphone....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tmac88

I just bought the Nokia N97 mini and i went to use the default facebook app on the desktop. I am unable to sign in, it continually gives me, at first my password and account don't match, then when i do it again i get "error incorrect signature". But if i go onto the web browser and go to www.facebook etc... i can sign in that way. How come the shortcut isn't working?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
manda711

Yes I have the exact same problem and I have tried searching high and low for a solution but no-one seems to know how to fix it!! Please help us if you do!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MissLei

Fix for facebook app N97 mini

Go to Menu - Settings - Application Mgr. - Installed apps. and make sure you uninstall all the entries containing the word "Facebook" (normally you should have two entries: Facebook and Facebook Installer); now restart the phone and install Facebook for Nokia again via Ovi Store, setting your phone as N97 mini in the store first. The description will say its for S60 touch, but ignore this. This resolved my issues with the app, and it's now working fine again. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
joey372

hi there people iv found out how to get your facebook app up and runnin on your n97, just go to applications on ur phone then go to phone setup, once ur in there go to SW updates and there should be a facebook updater, so just update it and you should be good to go, :smileywink:
it worked for me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Azhar1

i got the same problem with my N97,but after a long research i finally got the solution like this try to uninstall the following: facebook installer and all facebook app related to facebook in your application manager,then go to SW update and get fresh installation
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MNMX

Thanks! Your solution work! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
viku1975

@MNMX thanks a ton. The solution works. You Are Gr8

Please use plain text.
brister25