Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Please release the Skype for Nokia 701

Registered Member
quazimujawez

Please release the Skype for Nokia 701

I bought the Nokia 701 for Skype vedio calling but I found that Skype is not supporting the Nokia 701. when you going to support Skype? I am wainting for Skype Nokia 701.

Please use plain text.
Sage

The support for Skype is not coming from Nokia, but has to come from Skype, as they're the developers for this application. Please redirect your question to Skype support.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

[ Edited ]

Rumors suggest that Skype video-calling support for Symbian phones is coming soon (for Nokia Belle for sure). So be patient.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Contributor
the_zenith

As of now skype supports vid calling only on Android & iphones! Thats pretty irritating. I m eagerly waiting for skype's vid calling facility on Symbian phones too!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
helal_uddin

it does works on symbian anna. its a matter of time only, skype team will release a suitable version for Nokia belle.
If u wanna enjoy video call from ur phone download fring. It supports video calling. And it doesn work on belle phone.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
helal_uddin

http://m.fring.com or use nokia store and search Fring
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Skype is now available for all Belle Smartphones. :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Sage
RiderX

Works on C7/Anna too.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
knuta

stop fooling around, its not out for my nokia 700 still..
Please use plain text.
Sage
RiderX

Just install 701 version. Download from Web.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
knuta

would like to but from what link.. i cant get it from the ovi store via web or skype.

im running leopard on a mac so the "nokia multimedia transfer" is full of bugs and barely runs

Please use plain text.
Advisor
romatou18

Hi guys,

I have just created an online petition for pressuring Skype thus Microsoft and also Nokia to not give up on properly supporting symbian phones and in the first place providing symbian users with a video call support on Skype for Symbian phones:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/video-call-support-for-skype-on-symbian-phones/

Regards

Please use plain text.