Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Probems with official Maps Suite 2.0

Counsellor
James_T

Probems with official Maps Suite 2.0

Yesterday I installed the official release of Maps Suite 2.0 on my Nokia N8 (Belle) via Software Update in the Nokia Suite and found several problems:

1. Maps Suite eats up about 20MB of my C: memory - WHY? Why doesn't it use mass memory? The new features seem a bit limited compared to such need for memory.

2. Widgets are missing: "Mylocation widget" and "Check-in widget" are missing in the widgets list. No way to put them on a home screen. How can we get those widgets?

3. Voice search is not available in Maps. There was no hint that this feature is limited to UK users in the official release. Is it? Or is this a bug?

4. My N8 showed an error on restart (something like "system error"). It reappeared on every restart until I did a (soft) reset of my phone. Now the problem seems solved.

Do you have the same problems? Any ideas how to fix this?

Please use plain text.
Sage
khanjan_701

Re: Probems with official Maps Suite 2.0

yes. I deleted some of the map apps then updated the whole **bleep**ing maps suite 2.0 from nokia store. It is fine now.

Nokia 701
Symbian-Developers Forum Member
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
James_T

[ Edited ]

Hey thanks for posting. Unfortunately this didn't help so far. I tried to install the Maps Suite 2.0 update from the Nokia store. Problem is that it seems failing to install while it claims to have been installed successfully. But 1) nothing changes and 2) Nokia store keeps on showing the update. Many people report the same problem in the Nokia store comments.

So the other thing you did (deleting some of the maps apps) - what did you do exactly? What did you delete? Actually I just looked through the list of installed apps and didn't a single one that was obviously related to Nokia Maps. The word "map" does not show up there at all. So what to uninstall?

Please use plain text.
Sage
khanjan_701

I have removed
drive
map loader
weather
check in
with the help of Netqin AntiVirus and then updated from nokia store. It installed fully from the beginning and after a restart all those removed apps appeared again and now working.
Symbian-Developers Forum Member
Please use plain text.