Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Problem with Skype on Nokia E6 after updating to N...

Contributor
Unix

Problem with Skype on Nokia E6 after updating to Nokia Belle

Hi All!

Does anybody have porblems with Skype after updating to Nokia Belle? I log in and after 2-3 seconds the application is closing by itself even if the login and password are correct.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Sage
RiderX

Re: Problem with Skype on Nokia E6 after updating to Nokia Belle

Yep, I found the same problem on a friend's Nokia: Skype crashes when logging in for the first time.

But there is a solution! :smileyhappy:

You must install the original "Evolve" Theme. Then start Skype again. And voila: everything works without a crash.

Later you can use your favorite theme, there will be no crash when Skype logs in automatically.

Took me quite some time to figure it out. Hope Skype will correct that bug soon.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Unix

Man you're a genious...tahnk you. By the way do you know how to turn off the camera tone on Nokia E6 cause as well after updating it is making the sound and i cannot turn it off.

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nokE6_00

E6-00 Camera Software

Can Nokia upgrade the Camera software of this fone? Fixed focus is fine but there are times that photos very blurred, i mean, Unlike the other camera phones like the n73, e6-00 doesn't have sports mode for capturing images. 8-megapixel should be more flexible as i think.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Walil

There is simple solution, just follow these steps:
1. Go to store.ovi.com on PC
2. Select "Nokia 603"as your device & log in
into your OVI accont. (Because Nokia 603 runs
on Belle and official skype is available for
download for nokia 603 in the ovi store.) 3. Type Skype in search field.
4. Skype will be shown in the list of
applications.
5. Download Skype via PC, Ovi suite must be
installed on your PC to download and install
Skype on your belle devive.
I have myself intalled skype on X7 (belle)today. It worked
100%. Hope it will help you.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DannyCR

Thanks for this comment, I have fight with this issue since I got the phone. now my phone woth!!!!
Please use plain text.