Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Quick office 7 pro, google maps and symbian an...

Advisor
rimalisaac
Accepted Solution

Quick office 7 pro, google maps and symbian anna update in Nokia C7

i am not able to install Quick office pro 7 after symbian anna update i am getting error "update error".

For google maps i am able to install, when i click the icon it doesnt open...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

Re: Quick office 7 pro, google maps and symbian anna update in Nokia C7

Did you reformat your device after installing anna?

Reformat - Type *#7370# and the phone's lock code (Nokia default lock code is 12345). Warning! This reset wipes your C drive/phone memory! On Symbian^3 devices mass memory gets wiped too.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rimalisaac

yes i reformatted the device after anna update.... after reformatting i had problem with nokia OVI store... i followed this solution "link". That solved the problem with OVI store... I also installed the 4 software updates (including anna update 1/2 and 2/2) after formatting. Now i have problem with quick office pro and Google maps. Even now when i open SW update its telling that there are two updates (Symbian Anna update 1/2 size 1854kB and Symbian Anna update 2/2 size 1854kB). when ever i try to install these two update i am getting installation failed... 

Any solution for this?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MoscowJen

I am also having this problem on my N8 with Symbian Anna. QuickOffice Pro will not install from Ovi Store as it gives an error. The trial version from QuickOffice's own site will also not install -- not on the N8 or on my friends C7 with Anna.

I am trying to get a refund now, but would prefer to have a working version of QuickOffice Pro.

We are not the only people with this problem. On Daily Mobile's forum there are other people with the same problem.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I'm also having the same problem... I had a smooth update of my C7 OTA. But after a clean update I uninstalled quick office to install a full version. But the full version won't install and now I'm without quick office... :-(
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rimalisaac

Now xplore is showing update error (that i downloaded from the official website).... i think nokia has to check the compatibility of all the applications in OVI store on Symbian Anna....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MoscowJen

[ Edited ]

"I'm also having the same problem... I had a smooth update of my C7 OTA. But after a clean update I uninstalled quick office to install a full version. But the full version won't install and now I'm without quick office... :-( "

Try checking your the Software Updates ("SW Updates") on your phone. I was offered the Anna 1/2 update to redownload again and it reinstalled the original Quickoffice that came with Anna.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Thanks for your suggestion... I installed quick office from a link given in one of the discussion threads. By the way, the link was to the quick office of Anna update. I was afraid to try installation from the software updates as lots of replies showed they were unsuccessful trying to install quick office from software updates. Is it worth trying to upgrade quick office to pro version 7 on top of the existing office?
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
srkrules

Hey i too faced the same problem while installing Quickoffice pro...!!!

The trial version from Quickoffice's own site shows "UNABLE TO INSTALL" after installation process half complete..!!

This all started after updating to Symbian Anna..!!!

If ne1 found out a solution then please reply ... 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Also unable to update. Nokia E7 v22
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rimalisaac

For Symbian^3 devices: After installing the Symbian Anna firmware update, I am unable to install the version of Quickoffice that I purchased. How do I install the upgrade?

After an update to Symbian Anna, you may experience issues with reinstalling Quickoffice Pro for S60 or Quickoffice Pro for Symbian^3 on your device. You may receive an "Update error" message or another similar error message about the installation failing.

To fix the issue, please do the following:

1. Uninstall any versions of Quickoffice that are currently installed. You can find Quickoffice installations by going to Settings > Application Manager > Installed Applications.
2. Restart (turn off/on) your device.
3. Install the Quickoffice Pro upgrade.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

@rimalisaac
should I also uninstall the adobe reader le in my mobile? Your solution didn't work for me... :-(
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rimalisaac

it workied for me... No i am using Quick office pro 7... this is the solution given in quickoffice website... Adobe reader i have no idea... may be u can give it a try....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Stormad

This didn't work for me either, nokia C6-01 here!

Please use plain text.
Fuzail

I am using C6-01. Recently I have found that my Quick office is missing.& when phone restarts it shows as phone set up- feature not supported. I dont know whether it has happened during the course of update installation. Please help me on this.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

@Fuzail
Looks like you've problem with your update. Try restarting your phone again... If it still persists then follow the thread 'symbian Anna update error 1/2 and 2/2' for a solution...
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Stormad

Phonehacker was right, should have done the hard reset first: here's the instructions i got from Quickoffice staff

On some devices the installation issue can be resolved with hard reset.
If you are willing to proceed a hard reset, here are the instructions:
1. Back up your phone memory as Nokia recommends at www.Nokia.com.
2. Reset your phone to factory default: At the main screen, enter *#7370# – The default lock code is 12345. This will restore the device to its original state, removing all user data, contacts,and third-party applications you may have installed.
3. Install Quickoffice 7.
Please reboot (turn off/on) your device when you complete the installation.
Verify that Quickoffice works by seeing if you can create a new document. To do this, open Quickoffice and select New Document.
You can also verify the version of Quickoffice that is installed by opening Quickoffice, selecting Options > About or Options > Help > About.
Once we know that Quickoffice 7 is working correctly, then please do these steps:
6. Restore the phone memory.
7. Reboot your device.

This did work for me just don't forget to backup everything!

Please use plain text.