Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Restriction Code

Registered Member

Restriction Code

My phone asks for a restriction code and when I enter the code 12345, it gives me the nessage code error. How do I reset this code? My service provide is unable to help me resetting the code.

Thanks,

Tony Crasta
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: Restriction Code

DO NOT ENTER ANY MORE CODES! Your phone might get permanently locked. 12345 is the default SECURITY code, which is a whole another thing. Restriction code is needed when you want to open SIM lock. Your phone is locked to a certain operator's SIM cards/a certain SIM card and will not accept another SIM without the correct restriction code. Only your operator will give the restriction code/open the lock once your contract is up.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

If you look at other posts in this forum you'll see the only people who are able to provide a restriction code for you would be your Network service provider, it's not something that Nokia have put on the phones. It's probably best to get in contact with them.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mne_cdo

some times phones seem to randomly ask for this code, take the battery out for 15 mins and pop it back see if it goes away.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ejcullen

[ Edited ]

what is your mobile model? restriction code is different from the default code.  restriction code is used when your phone is locked to a network and when you try to insert a foreign sim "resrtiction code" will be displayed. you need the code from your service provider.

Moderator's note: Information how to unlock your phone removed. Such information should not be discussed on Nokia Discussions forum.

Please use plain text.
ariel_1969

[ Edited ]

My phone asks for a restriction code and when I enter the code 12345, it gives me the message code error. How do I reset this code? My service provide is unable to help me resetting the code.model:2700c-2 imei:3XXXXX/XX/XXXXXX/X

Moderator's Note: The IMEI number was edited out. Please do not publish such unique serial number in a public forum.

Please use plain text.