Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Sending videos through whatsapp in nokia lumia 520

msmaximus

Sending videos through whatsapp in nokia lumia 520

hey so i been using whatsapp in my nokia lumia 520., i can recieve videos from friends and even forward the videos to others also. 

But what i can't seem to do is send other videos that are there in my memory card/internal memory to other users thru whatsapp. when i try to attach a video file.,all i get is the option to record a video.

how do i attach a video and send it to others thru whatsapp..??

ANy ideas.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

Re: Sending videos through whatsapp in nokia lumia 520

WhatsApp is not developed by Nokia or Microsoft. For feature suggestions I woudl recommend contacting the app developer at whatsapp.com

---

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ATLMOBILE

I can give you a correct answer.  Forget about sending prerecorded videos using Lumia with Widows OS.

As Window phone does not allow all other App developers to access to its video library.

So it is not possible for sending video  using lumia series for sure.  I have 920 before and just switched to  Samsung Android because of this issue

msmaximus wrote:

hey so i been using whatsapp in my nokia lumia 520., i can recieve videos from friends and even forward the videos to others also. 

But what i can't seem to do is send other videos that are there in my memory card/internal memory to other users thru whatsapp. when i try to attach a video file.,all i get is the option to record a video.

how do i attach a video and send it to others thru whatsapp..??

ANy ideas.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mountainbiker

That's correct. There's no way to attach pre-recorded video's.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Problem solved? Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon or click on the Star Icon to send out some kudos!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Veedu

You did it right mate... Soon im also switching to android once again.. Im very disappointed with nokia lumia

MAJOR fetures are missing.. people want work easier not harder

So long WP8

Please use plain text.
Sage
Creaturebot

Hey,
For now, you cannot attach pre recorded videos on whatsapp. But ,alternatively you can upload it to third party sites like Vine or Vimeo and send link to your friend to see, cause anyway uploading a video is going to take same time.

Also,
I have seen UC Browser feature, which allows you to upload 'images' from hub and export 'videos' to Hub. So I guess this feature may come to many other apps too...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ricmweresa

this is easy.... Let me give you the answer to sending videos. Just plug in your USB cable and transfer the videos you want to send to saved pctures on your lumia phone memory, then go to whatsap and select the attach icon then select albums and you will get it in pictures.... then send   pap.... done:thumbsup:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wanaruona2014

How do I take photos and send using whatsapp

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ArnaldoBenitez

It's easy!. Connect your Nokia with your PC. Copy from your PC all videos you want to any of following phone folders:

/Pictures/Camera Roll

/Pictures/WhatsApp

Then, from your WhatsApp installed on your Nokia:

1)  click de clip button to send and attached file.

2) select Albums (i have in spanish version of my windows phone like "Álbumes")

3) then open "Camera Roll" or "WhatsApp" and select your videos.

The videos must be in wvw format. If you have installed the Nokia Software in your PC, when you paste other format into your phone, the software show you a message and will ask you to start to  convert to a valid format. Click Yes and that's all.

Arnaldo Benitez

Iguazú Argentina

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fremier

that is why i also switched to andriod

Please use plain text.