Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Sky Player Sky+ Remote

Advisor
Shaunster84

Sky Player app on N8?

Is there a sky player app for the N8? i can see reference for the N97 but nothing in the OVI store for the sky player

anyone know?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tomsav

Re: Sky Player app on N8?

Yes there is - go to http://p.wecomm.com/sky on your phone and it will automatically download. (Source: http://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/mysky/whatsnew/landingpage4e9ck)

Please use plain text.
ldjones22

I put p.wecomm.com/sky for app & no results found can any body help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Check for typo. in url http://p.wecomm/sky as no issues on N8

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
ldjones22

I went in the web & b.wecomm/sky it still come up has no results found

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
marmite123

That is not or doesn't seem to be the Sky player app? Sky player, from what I can make out is not available yet because the N8 doesn't support silverlight. If anybody knows how to get silverlight onto the N8 so skyplayer works then please let me know :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

If you google "sky mobile app for nokia x6" you should find a site to download it from. Its version 1.2.1.0 for S60 v5. Works perfectly on my n8. Its not available anymore if you try the official Sky link mentioned above.

I use this app a lot and I am always annoyed when I see the iphone version at work. The latest version makes any Nokia app look like it was written for a phone from 10 years ago.

Please use plain text.

hi there i have a N8 and couldnt find the sky mobile app to use on my mobile as I wanted to use the sky remote so i could program my sky+ box to record when I'm not at home. After trying Ovi store there isnt one on there for the N8 only the N97 so I looked up wot the message above said try looking for the x6 sky mobile and I found one that works on my N8 so thought I'd share it with everyone else. It is abit slow but it works for me here is the link and it asks what phone you have and I clicked NOKIA N97 as it dosnt give you the N8 option. I clicked on DOWNLOAD TO YOUR PHONE. then a box comes up with a website you have to on your phones internet broswer called (1mobile.com) and it gives you a code to put in when it opens up on your phone and it downloads straight to your phone and it works no problem for me. Let me know how you get on below is link

Thanks elle

http://www.brothersoft.com/mobile/sky-mobile-60733.html

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your input here.

You will find that quite a lot of applications compatible with S60 5th Ed. devices such as N97, X6 etc. will work on N8, although banking applications certainly won't as no keyboard appears!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Sage
Briant566

Sky Player Sky+ Remote

[ Edited ]

Thanks for Info

Just Upgraded to Sky plus  Have set this up on my Samsung tablet works Great

But been trawling all day for  a App for my Nokia 701 as usual nothing for Nokia on Sky

But found you link and installed it But the link to phone did it through ovi store ??

Installed OK as you said using  N97 have set up my sky user ID an can use planer

It shows screen Menu  Sky News Sky Sports 24 7 Football and Sky +

Using sky plus I can see and plan all programs But there is no Synopsis available and when I press the red Record it Says " Your Profile does not allow remote record 2   but yet same Sky account as using on Samsung

Any Ideas

I am accessing by wi-fi

Nokia 701 Helping with Lumia 800
Please use plain text.
Sage
Briant566

Just been on Sky web page on phone via wi-fi and logged into My Sky
Looked at TV list and i can use the record function via web ?
Same account as the Sky Phone App

There must be no link on the record App ?/
Please use plain text.
Sage
Briant566

Hi

I have just found this Link 

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/nokian95themesanddownloads/3026/installing_and_using_sky_by_mobile_on_...

It seems it will not work over Wi-Fi   can't understand as you can see all programs 

The Android app must be different as it works over Wi-Fi

As said on the forum it is a old app  and it say to have to set it up via viewing card 

So Guess I will have to use the Sky page via the web but it not as easy 

Another Nail in the Nokia coffin  as Sky don't have one for Windows Phone 

Please use plain text.
Sage
Briant566

[ Edited ]

Can anybody tell me why it Needs a Data Connection via Phone Not Wi-Fi  ??????

When it  shows all TV listings

Please use plain text.