Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Skype on Nokia N8

Registered Member
pav1102

Skype on Nokia N8

Hi,

Can some one tell me how to make video calls using skype in Nokia N8? I have been able to download Skype for Symbian on my N8, but not able to use the camera for calling...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
N8ty_boy

Re: Skype on Nokia N8

I have the same problem :smileysad:

Voice (Other Skype + Skype Out) works fine.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
techbiz

Skype has obviously decided iPhone and Android users are more important than Nokia users.  Check it out:

http://ptech.allthingsd.com/20110112/skype-does-better-with-group-calls-than-mobile/#

Nokia, you are losing the battle for the hearts and minds of your loyal customers by not being more proactive in getting video Skype on the N8!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
robeade

Had Skype video calls on my N900 6 months ago so Nokia were well ahead of the game but having upgraded to N8 I can no longer get this feature on Skype. Very annoying. 

Skype/Nokia please work together to sort this out. 

Please use plain text.
loard_dj

I'm not agree. First of all, iPhone has the first priority because of some political issues in U.S. and Canada. Second, the new android base phone that will have the Skype with video calling is not a normal android cellphone; it is a Skype cellphone like Nokia N900. Every body knows that Nokia is number one cellphone in the world in hardware. As you know Nokia had video calling on its cellphones since 5-6 years ago; however, the android and the iPhone recently added this feature in their cellphone.

Therefore, I as a Nokia fan and Nokia user, never betray on my lovely cellphone brand, NOKIA. Even if the other brands have the opportunity to use different applications first, I will proudly scream that I have a NOKIA cellphone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pirooz

i'**bleep** to be this proud of my Nokia E63 . Yet I cant even set it up to do emails in a wifi field. The manual blows. And there is no place toturn (forum support is a myth). So I wonder how I can achieve this pride?
Please use plain text.