Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Social 1.5 overwrites contacts pictures with f...

Counsellor

Social 1.5 overwrites contacts pictures with facebook profile pics?

Hi,

After updating to Belle and upgrading the Social client to 1.5, it seems like Social has overwritten my previous hand-picked contacts pics with profile pics downloaded via Facebook. Is there a way to revert to my old pics, and is there a way to stop Social from doing this?

Sage
BassemN8

Re: Social 1.5 overwrites contacts pictures with facebook profile pics?

No, there is not.
This is the reason why I haven't updated it myself.
I suggest that you remove your Facebook account from social, and use a separate Facebook app. I figure this should solve your problem.
Good luck!
Sage
bkly11

What phone model you are using ?

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the Kudos star at the left. If it provides you the solution, please click on the GREEN Accept as Solution button at below
villeneuvep

I also have the same problem and am very unhappy with it. At no time did Social advise me that it would be updating all my contact pictures with facebook pictures. I do NOT want this. Will there be an update to fix this?

Sage
BassemN8

A WARNING: 

Use Social's Facebook ONLY if you want 1) low-quality pictures for your contacts from their facebook profiles, and 2) their facebook statuses showing up in the contact card.  

Otherwise, use a different Facebook app.  

TO REMOVE THE LINKS: you have to open each contact from the Contacts app, then go to "Manage links" (or something similar; it's the top item), which opens Social, and then you can remove its link into contact.  You have to do this manually for all contacts, otherwise, the status will not go away even when you delete your Social account.