Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Stopwatch & Countdown timer

Sage
omne

Stopwatch & Countdown timer

Hi, can anyone tell me where I can find a good stopwatch & countdown timer application for my N81? I'm looking for something which I could use for sport and I prefer it to be free :smileyhappy:

Click on the Kudos Star, if you find my post helpful!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

just try google.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Stuntman

I use Best Timer on my N97.  Here's the link for the N81:  http://nokia-n81-8gb-software.smartphoneware.com/timer.php

<\
\>tuntman
Please use plain text.
Sage
omne

I downloaded the demo version, it's nice and useful but I was looking for a free one :smileyhappy: I wonder why S60 phones don't have timer and stopwatch like most of S40s...

Click on the Kudos Star, if you find my post helpful!
Please use plain text.
Professor
hgohel

Have you searched Ovi Store?  Searching for "timer" gives these results.  I use Timer Lite Touch from Offscreen.

Nokia N8-00 (NAM, Product Code: 059C8T6), Symbian Belle, Type RM-596, 111.030.0609
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic (NAM, Product Code: 0577454) Software v51.2.007, Type RM-428
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Stuntman

I don't think that a few bucks is too unreasonable for this timer app.  I've tried quite a few other ones that are free and those free ones really suck compared to Best Timer.

As for why S60 phones don't have one built-in?  I can only speculate, but I don't use my timer that often.  I had a Nokia 6126 before that has a built in timer and I used it as a poker timer.  On my N97, I use the Best Timer for a while until I found a poker timer app.  I think that for most people who want a timer, they can search on the internet or app store to choose one amongst many that they like.  For the rest, they probably can do with one less app that just takes up space in their app folder.  Depending on your needs, a **bleep** timer that is free may work for you.  If you want something more sophisticated, you can get a good one which may cost you a few bucks.  I don't think that most people really need a timer as sophisticated as Best Timer.

<\
\>tuntman
Please use plain text.
kangaderoo

[ Edited ]

Depending on your needs you could try to google:

green button timer

Its written mainly as poker timer, but also holds a stopwatch.

The unlocked features when registering are mainly for the poker manager.

The Demo should be sufficient for sport activities.

Don't know how easy it is to get python runtime on the N81.....

good luck

Please use plain text.