Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Swype's time bomb must be defused

Advisor
Flavio

Swype's time bomb must be defused

I would never have bought my Nokia C7 if it had not Swype. And yes, I installed the Beta, but it was promised that a 2.0 stable version would be released and then it would be the end. So far, so good, the beta worked fine, until it stopped working because of an internal time bomb.

On Nokia Web Labs and on the Skype Forum we can read that Nokia is working on the issue !? for more than one week now !? well well... how can it be so difficult... there is already a solution available on the net, for the ones who dare hack their phone...

And yes, I tried to reinstall Swype 1, but it is not working either. Someone is suggesting a soft reset, someone else said they tried that too but it didn't help.

I think it's too early to throw my phone, I have had it for less than 2 years. I know Nokia is in trouble, but troubles will grow if no attention is paid to existing customers. I have been loyal so far, but if a fix is not coming soon, I am also turning my back to Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Flavio

Re: Swype's time bomb must be defused

Thinking better... I was asking myself... How can it be? The answer is probably not technical, but financial... What if... Swype put the 'time bomb' as a security in case Nokia refused to pay for the last release? What if... Nokia and Swype are now using their (our) time in discussing how much the fix is going to cost? No matter what, the longer the waiting time, the worse will be the impact on Nokia's credibility and on its ability to retain its customers.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi Flavio,

This has already been answered a million times before here on this forum, if you had searched for it. Swype development of the 2.0 beta was pretty much dead in the ground a couple of months before it was released on BetaLabs, and it never graduated to the Nokia Store. As development had moved on, and because Symbian is in maintenance mode, there will be no more updates to Symbian or a lot of Nokia-endorsed applications.

The 1.0 version in the Store works great, except for the lack of split-screen input, but all is well otherwise. It is simply something that lasted its time-span, and did well at it.

For reference, there is no Swype for Windows Phone or any alternatives because it simply isn't needed because of the great typing experience on the in-built keyboard.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Swype has moved on from 19/10/12 issue, although solution probably applies to users whose warranty has expired:http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/Problems-with-swype-on-Belle-FP2/m-p...

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.