Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Theft Aware App

Advisor
ankittamrakar
Accepted Solution

Theft Aware App

I have downloaded the 'Theft Aware' app on my Nokia C5 5mp from nokia store and activated it. The app has become invisible. Now whenever I turn my phone off and then switch on again, a sms is sent on my other phone due to which Rs.3 are deducted from my account. How do I stop the app while it has become invisible?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ankittamrakar

Re: Theft Aware App

Can anyone tell me what should I do to uninstall the above app, when it is invisible in the app manager?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sygo

call your TheftAware password. this will make the application visible, then you can uninstall.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ankittamrakar

Thank you,
But could you please tell me how to enter password and make the app visible?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Read Pg. No. 12 onwards in this User Manual ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ankittamrakar

Sir, there it was written to make a call to the access code. But I do not remember any such code. Then what should I do?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ankittamrakar

Sir, thanks for your help.
There it was written to make a call to the access code. But I do not remember any such code. Then what should I do?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Try dialling 0000 if you have not set any because if you read the whole User Guide its mentioned on Pg. 8 under 'Access Code'

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

ankittamrakar wrote:
Sir, thanks for your help.
There it was written to make a call to the access code. But I do not remember any such code. Then what should I do?

I think you're in trouble on this one as the user guide that Farby supplied clearly states "The standard access code is 0000. You have to change the access code before you are allowed to activate the Theft Aware system."

So, you must have set a security code but have forgotten it. The user guide also states "Please do NOT forget your access code. You will not be able to reconfigure Theft Aware without the access code

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ankittamrakar

Thankyou Ray and Farby.
I tried and I have opened it.
Thanks for your help.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DREAMRICKZ

it doesnt work on my n8 belle(after restarting).are u guys facing the same problem?
Neways i managed to hack theft aware and uninstall it.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
m_arjun86

same problem for me tel me the solution plz becoz daily my balance is been reduced by Rs.9
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
m_arjun86

same problem for me tel me the solution plz becoz daily my balance is been reduced by Rs.9
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You need to un-install the application. Solution is already mentioned in posts above.. Read all ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
deep123

sir,i hv deleted d app bt stil it is workng,sir plz help hw 2 dactivate it
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
deep123

sir,my device is nokia 5233..and i hv tried evrythng sir...bt stil it is working and as soon as i switch off my cel and den make it on my balance get deducted
Please use plain text.