Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Unable to connect with the information provide...

Contributor
E_Singularity

Re: Unable to connect with the information provided. Please try again.

whoa. this is HUGE mario!

besides, anyone experienced the same issue i highlighted in my earlier post above?

>>

setting up works fine for windowslivemicrosofthotmail-now-outlook - whatever it is - for the following domains:

...@live.com

...@hotmail.com

does not work with

...@msn.com

...@outlook.com

>>

Nokia Belle ...? What is it?
Please use plain text.
Sage

Not really. I've got a few mailboxes, all @hotmail.com and I just verified that there's only one that won't work, while others are correctly configurable.

Thus,

1) Nokia Care is giving out incomplete/incorrect/non verifiable answers (b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t, Brief Unverifiable Little Lies Surely Hoaxed Today?)

2) My personal hotmail account stays unreachable, and I have to stick to POP3 for my mail (that's better, I don't have to share my password with Nokia anymore), so no access from behind my company's firewall (another reason to keep WiFi disabled) and no instant messenger

How could I be more disappointed...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi, and thanks for your feedback.

I will find out what I can about this and let you know as soon as I know more. In the meantime can you send me your device IMEI number in a personal message?!

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

At this time Nokia Messaging is being phased out for Symbian^3 and later, C6-00 and N97

What this means is that when you remove and re-install a mailbox on any of these devices you will no longer be asked to accept the Nokia Messaging terms to use the service or not to poll the set up mail server directly. This should not change much except for the fact that your phone will poll each used mail service separately instead of get notifications through the Nokia Messaging service.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

hi kosh,

pl correct my understanding:

presently, nokia devices offer 2 types of email access:

a. POP/IMAP (directly with email-provider)

b.Nokia Messaging (push solution from nokia to sync with email-providers).

if service b. is not available for my device running S^3, i will not have push solution anymore.

pl correct my understanding.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Kosh wrote:

At this time Nokia Messaging is being phased out for Symbian^3 and later, C6-00 and N97

What this means is that when you remove and re-install a mailbox on any of these devices you will no longer be asked to accept the Nokia Messaging terms to use the service or not to poll the set up mail server directly. This should not change much except for the fact that your phone will poll each used mail service separately instead of get notifications through the Nokia Messaging service.

Kosh

Kosh,

thank you for your time and effort, I appreciate it, but I can't still understand why I can actually add/remove ONE of my Hotmail mailboxes and not the other one (both @hotmail.com). Actually my 701 (with Belle FP1) keeps asking me for Hotmail terms (can't remember being asked for Nokia Messaging terms), just appears not to be able to authenticate to my personal mailbox with my (correct) password, while it works well with my alternate mailbox (just aded and removed for a test). So, more than disappointment (I can deal with POP3 for my personal mailbox, and I save battery life disabling push email anyway) I feel puzzled... Nokia Messaging for Hotmail was better (read status synch is not available on POP3 as an example), could understand a choice of phasing it out BUT I'd appreciate more clarity in communications... not good to learn this service is been dismissed through a forum...

cheers

m

Please use plain text.
Sage

Just an update... After a while I tried again to set up my Hotmail mailbox through Nokia service and... MAGIC! It's working!

It's been about 10 days ago, and, up to now, it's working fine... funny... the more it works, the less I understand...

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

tks mario- i tried, and it is working:

- across symbian devices: E51, E52, E61i, E72, E90, E7

- across microsoft domains: @live.com, @msn.com, @outlook.com, @windowslive.com

as someone said in the begining, clearly an issue between nok servers and microsoft's mail servers.

to confuse us all, kosh says that nok is phasing out.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.