Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Unable to edit photos

N8pairfail

Unable to edit photos

After hard reset, I am unable to edit photos as the EDIT tab is no more. Opening user guide and clicking PHOTO EDITOR gives a message - UNABLE TO OPEN APPLICATION.
What has probably gone wrong?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi N8pairfail,

Thanks for your feedback.

How did you reset your N8? If you used any other means but the hard reset code *#7370# you may have also removed some of the phone applications. In that case you will have to contact a Nokia Care Point to have the full system software re-installed.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
N8pairfail

thanks for quick reply.
MAPS application is also missing after reset using *#7370# but MAPS available in software updates. Only problem is EDIT tab missing!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi N8pairfail,

Thanks again for your feedback,

Please contact a Nokia Care Point to have them rewrite the phone software for you. Please use Nokia Suite to create a complete backup (through Tools/Backup) of your phone before you do though as this action will completely erase all content from your phone. When asked deselect the option to include settings in the backup.

You can restore the backup when you return from the Care Point after which you can also re-install your apps from Nokia Store. Your will find your paid apps here.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.