Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

'Unable to log in. Try again.' Why won't it le...

'Unable to log in. Try again.' Why won't it let me access my emails all the details are correct!

Help.

I am very frustrated. And just want a simple answer to the problem.

I go to set up email

I type in my email.  (note i have also tried the solution given in previous thread of typing in my user-id@xyz.com)

Enter in pop

I then fill out the details correctly:

email address

email password

user name

email type (which is at pop)

incoming mail server (which is pop.____.com.au)

incoming port: 110

secure login -incoming: on (as this is what my account is set on)

outgoing mail server: mail.bigpond.com

outgoing password: my password

outgoing port:25

access point: my acess point

it then says 'unable to connect using the information provided'!!  i click on the ok button and then the next button 3 times and it sets up 'email set up complete'

and it then starts to log me in but keeps coming up with 'unable to log in. try again' and then i type in my correct password and it still wont let me in..!!

now i know these are the correct details as i set it up earlier in the night but for some stupid reason on my behalf deleted the account as i only got one email through (the test email i sent) and not all my old emails and thought if i did it again maybe they all would come through... i also managed to both send and receive emails, so it worked fine both ways.

So i have no friggn idea now why it keeps coming up with 'unable to login try again' it is now 2am and it is really frustrating me as i know it was working fine before.  i also have set up a hotmail account to come through and that works fine.

CAN someone PLEASESSEEE HELP ME..!!!

i have been going through the forums and nothing has worked.

and i want to know if others are having this drama.... it should be simple!!!!!! 

over and out,

thanks Amanda

Please use plain text.

Re: 'Unable to log in. Try again.' Why won't it let me access my emails all the details are corr

i have a N75..

and it actually connects, the little green circle lights up but then that stupid screen flashes up 'unable to log in. try again.' and then i try my password over and over and over and now can you see i am tired and have the poops.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: 'Unable to log in. Try again.' Why won't it let me access my emails all the details are corr

I have a e75 with firmware 201.x. It does exactly the same. Tells me 3 times that it cannot connect with the settings, the it creates the account on the phone and tells that I need to verify the settings. I'm 100% sure my given settings are fine and tell the client to connect immediately. It lists now content of my inbox with no problem. So the question is: whats wrong with the e-mail wizard? Another thing is to read imap mails. First connect lists your mail subjects, whne tou click a mail it is supposed to fetch the mail body. This for some reasen jams in some kind of loop, the client is fetching and fetching but it never gets the mail body to my phone.

-K

Please use plain text.

I found this on mobilementalism.com/manual-configuration/ i am gathering this has something to do with it.. but not really that high tech so have no idea of how to set up a smtp account without **bleep** up everything.... does any one have any answers?... can anyone explain this to me in english and a simple how to?

3.1 Configuring your mail server settings

If you are trying to download email from your work or home account, then the incoming server and outgoing server will be two separate servers on two different networks. This is because most ISPs expect you to use their network service when accessing their email server for outgoing mail.

For example, if you usually use Virgin.net as your ISP, and you use Virgin.net’s email server, you will only be able to send emails using that server if you connect to it using your Virgin.net connection. Using your mobile phone, however, means you are connecting to it your using mobile operator’s network connection.

Your connection attempt will therefore be refused, as the ISP will not know who you are, because you are not connecting using their network. Note that this is only the case for outgoing mail: for incoming mail, all the ISP needs is a valid username and password – the ones you’ve already entered into your existing email client (e.g. Outlook).

To get round this, you need to setup an outgoing (SMTP) email account with your network operator, and choose the settings provided by them as your outgoing server. Your incoming server will still be that of your existing email account (e.g. Virgin.net). You will then have two separate email channels, each using separate networks and separate email server: one for outgoing mail, and one for incoming mail. You send email out using your mobile operator’s network and server, and receive email in using your mobile operator’s network and your existing email account from your ISP.

The reason for this is simple: your ISP does not recognize your connection, but your mobile operator does. So you setup an outgoing server with your mobile operator, and the server will recognize you because you are connecting to it using your mobile operator’s network. The operator controls both the outgoing email server and the network, so can authenticate you to the server based on your network connection.

For the incoming email, however, all you need are the username and password details that you normally use to access that email account. It’s a curious fact that outgoing email use is authenticated using the network connection used, but incoming email use is authenticated using a username and password. To find the username and password, simply look in Outlook’s account settings for the username, and hunt down that scrap of paper where you wrote your email password! Alternatively, log onto your ISP’s web site and choose “I’ve forgotten my password, please email it to me”!

Please use plain text.
obaidork

Re: 'Unable to log in. Try again.' Why won't it let me access my emails all the details are correct!

I got same problem, i had submitted my cellphone at nokia care for 1 one month but still i found no solution.

the dialoge shown in my N8 is little different.........that is ..."unable to sign in. Try again".i tried almost all email IDs such as Gmail, Yahoomail,Hotmail(OUTLOOK),rediffmail. but same dailogue showing.

I think nokia has problem in their Email client...................

Please solve  this issue nokia

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Re: 'Unable to log in. Try again.' Why won't it let me access my emails all the details are correct!

[ Edited ]

obaidork, as you are in India, might it be your network operator which has problems? Let us start with Rediff. Are you using Pro and therefore IMAP, are you on the standard plan and use POP3? I would remove all email accounts and create a new one: There you enter user@example.com and password because this disables Nokia Messaging. After that, you are in a different mode in that email client, I call it direct mode. Now, enter pop.rediffmail.com and do not forget to change your email address and password back to your actual values. Did that help?

Please use plain text.