Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Uninstall apps from C5-03

Sage
AlanWatson

Uninstall apps from C5-03

I want to uninstall some apps from my newly-purchased C5-03. Other posts here describe doing this by going to application manager>installed apps, selecting the app concerned and then Options. But when I select any app (press/options) or longpress, all I get is details about the app. There is no option to uninstall or do anything else.

There is nothing about this in the help file or the user manual.How do I uninstall apps? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

On most S60 5th Ed. devices - Options gives a choice of View details, Uninstall, View Log, Help & Exit.

That said there is something peculiar about C5-03 as BatchUninstall application from OVI Store is incompatible with it.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Professor
romperompe

Yes c5-03 is a bit different..it also has a 600 mhz proc compared to the 434 mhz on other s^1 phones.
IF YOU FIND POSTS HELPFUL HIT THE BIG GREEN BOX TO THE LEFT WITH THE WHITE STAR IN IT THANKS
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
balaji1975

I Am also having same problem,I have installed one application,I am not able to uninstall,

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
balaji1975

Try this method,Go to installed app,----option--------organize------option--remove.try

Please use plain text.
titusraj

Hi Alan,

Its plesant working with Nokia C5-03,

Go to application manager>installed apps right corner or on the application Press slightly you will get a uninstall option.

beginning i also suffer with these things but finaly i found.it really very good option in C5-03

by

Rajiv

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
adnemok

running the application and hold a finger over it, you will see how towheel spin and then give you permission to uninstall

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
a_kalyar

by going to application manager>installed apps, selecting the app concerned and touch ans hold ur finger on applicaton then uninstall opetion will show.

Please use plain text.
feridina

Go to Settings>Installed apps.>(device will scan apps. on ur memory)>hold icon apps. want to uninstall>(small box will show "uninstall")>tap the box

Sorry for my English..:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

@balaji thanks for suggestion buddy .....

Please use plain text.
rousan2005

[ Edited ]
:smileytongue:  I had the same Problem until i found the solution and it worked which is:
settings -> application manager-> installed applications-> select an application and hold it for some time till u get a small box with uninstall optio-> uninstall-> confirm uninstall

and i Attached a picture that describe how to do it

][*][ ~ Rousan ~][*][
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
maikasss

yeey.. thanks.. i've seen the uninstall option already, and successfully i've removed one! but my another problem is, my kaspersky apps says "unable to delete file" how can i removed it? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hanlinaung

The suggestion works.

Thanks a lot.

I have been getting headache to uninstall app. from my phone.

Now you've cured my headache.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arasanv

hey thanks its working... thanks...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fusionisticdude

it worked :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

This is true about applications which are installed by us. But with the pre installed applications/widgets like facebook,orkut etc and nokia chat are not getting the unistall option. These are unnecessaryly eating up the already low internal memory. It is always better to use a facebook application on memorycard and 3rdparty chat application like nimbuzz to chat. and keep phone memory free. I also decided not to use nokia browsrer as it stores data in phone memory. I advise all to always use operamini (installed in SD card) in mobile phones.

Please use plain text.
dara99

Hi ,

I have been installed programe " Gallery lock " in Nokia C5-03 after i used this progarm, it is very good for protect my filesbut now I cant find out shortcut or application to run this programe again.

Please help me.

Thank before hand

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Shukrant

Dear Friends,
I have one small problem in my device Nokia C5-03. By mistakely I deleted facebook application file from my device which is inbuilt in phone memory. That's why my device not support that inbuild Facebook application. I want it back again. I also soft/hard format to my device, but that's not work. Please solve my problem or give me some advice immediately.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
khanzzzzzz

long press it . u will get the option unstalled

Please use plain text.
Daniel_BG

Hello,

I have this phone for few months and I recently I found that some of the apps are protected or can not be unistalled! In the Appl. mngr -> Insatalled app -> Bubble Bash ( a game) pressing for a few seconds I get uninstall option, but when I press it i get uninstallation not allowed! It is the same with the integrated facebook app, Friendster, Hi5, Twitter. Anyone knows how to delete them?

Please use plain text.