Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

VIber for Symbian Belle

NNikiN8
Accepted Solution

VIber for Symbian Belle

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I read many posts about the development of the voip application Viber for Symbian Belle. Can someone clarify an approximate release date? Will the app be free or paid ?
Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:
Cheers :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: VIber for Symbian Belle

NNikiN8 wrote:

Hi all,

I read many posts about the development of the voip application Viber for Symbian Belle. Can someone clarify an approximate release date? Will the app be free or paid ?
Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:
Cheers :smileywink:

A little while back Viber was in development for Symbian phones and had it's own support page on the Viber website. However, that page has now disappeared which indicates that the Viber team have probably ceased their development of Viber for Symbian.

You can visit the Viber website to find out more.

http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Core/Default/Index

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

[ Edited ]

Please ignore my previous post because Viber has now been released for S40 and Symbian phones. You can download it for free from Nokia Store. Current version only allows free messaging (text and pictures) but not voice calling yet.

http://store.ovi.com/content/306686

All the best.

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
zoreli

Cant install Viber on Belle Refresh :thumbdown:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Its kind funny. The Nokia Store site says not available for C3-01. The Nokia Suite says it is & installs it. But the phone says error.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 1020/920
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zoreli

When I start to install Viber to Nokia N8 with Belle Refresh throw me Error :thumbdown:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
KeeMatKee

Although Viber has been launched for Belle and other versions of Nokia N8, there is a lot to check befor eyou can actually start using Viber for Nokia N8. Read this post on Viber for Nokai N8 to see if your phone (mostly it is OS) can support Viber and if not what can you do.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vc601

I m using C6-01 Belle. I also tried to download and install Viber. It shows an error, but nokia suite says its downloaded and installed. when i goto installed apps, it displays there, but I am unable to use it. Anyone else encounter the same problem?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shubhamc601

hey i am using viber on my c601 mobile..and itz working fine..bt no voice call..only texting is available..:smileymad:

vc601 wrote:

I m using C6-01 Belle. I also tried to download and install Viber. It shows an error, but nokia suite says its downloaded and installed. when i goto installed apps, it displays there, but I am unable to use it. Anyone else encounter the same problem?

Please use plain text.