Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Video chat app for N8 and all Symbian^3 users

Advisor
Broddy

Video chat app for N8 and all Symbian^3 users

Hi,

Can Nokia please create an application for video chat like how you did for Nokia N9 with the GTalk video chat?

Seriously, my Nokia N8 can only establish phone video calling using telco 3G video calling to local users. I can't make any video calls to my friends and family from overseas at all.

Thank you very much.

-Bernard

Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

Re: Video chat app for N8 and all Symbian^3 users

Quick answer is, no.

Long answer...

Slick (Lonelycat Games): No

IM Chat (Nokia): No

Fring: No

Nimbuzz: No

IM+: No

Octrotalk: Says it does and the menus contain 'Video' options, but it doesn't work. It looks like they tried, failed and left it half finished. For example, the main options menu allows you to switch between Front and Rear Camera and the chat session has a Video option, but tapping that option pops up an empty menu that is supposed to contain 'Call'.

Btw, my testing above was on the 808, OctroTalk is not available for the N8 on Nokia Store.

So, being the helpful person that I am  :smileywink:  I went to Octro website and found an N8 version v2.06(0). I installed it, registered my google account, the contact list started to load and a message appeared saying "Your trial period for OctroTalk has expired". I do remember trying this app in the past so that would explain my trial expiration.

Anyway, give OctroTalk a try, it looks like it should work on the N8.

Here's the link to the Octro download page: http://video.octro.com/download_symbian.php

I installed the "Symbian ^ 3 phone or Anna like N8 or E7" version.

Good luck!

Matt

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dj_n8

THanKS 4 info
dis is for nokia-plz work for video client need it
Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech