Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Want to Install a Dictionary in Nokia 6120

Want to Install a Dictionary in Nokia 6120

I formatted the memory card and lost all the installation of Unidic, builtin with Nokia 6120 Classic phone, can i get it from anyone or anywher, please help or is there any freeware version of dictionary
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cdcdoc

Re: Want to Install a Dictionary in Nokia 6120

PM me with your email address or yahoo mess user...I might be able to help you!
Please use plain text.
Professor

mosh.nokia.com (pc) or mosh.nokia.mobi (mobile)
it has some good dictionaries in the applications section.check if it helps you buddy
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have a similar problem.
I brought my phone in Hong Kong, it is originally come with a english-chinese dictionary. I accidentally deleted some files in the memory card. When i run the application each time, it prompt "Dictionary word information missing. Install word database". Where can i get the database?
Please use plain text.
Professor

at your local nokia care
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i need the 6120classic dictionary file also ..
can u please email to me... appreciate for your helping
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi I also have the missing database, could you send it to me? it would be greatly appreciated :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
ken80ny

Hi All, does anyone have the language database (English- Chinese, 2 way) for the classic dictionary as well? I have backed up my memory card through PC Suite. Then, inserted a new 4GB memory card into the phone. I formatted the phone and restored the files on old original memory card to the new card.

The dictionary is not accessible as described above with the same error message. I tried to find the language database from the original memory card but cant find them, anyone with a pointers on the file location? As I have not formatted the old memory card, I might have luck finding it.

I thot the database should be restored using Content Copier? (I have memory card selected during the backup)

was: 3310--> N80 v5.0719.0.2--> N82 v31.0.016; now: 5800xm v40
KeN82Ny
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have the same problem. please send it to me :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.

Hi all, I do not sure whether my solution can help. However I have fixed both "Missing word database" and "install base package" for Dictionary on my N78. From my research and study, the manual steps and solutions works on other Nokia models as well.

May be you can have a try by follow the below steps:

1) Go to http://www.nokia-asia.com/A4429895 (English-Simplified Chinese Dictionary 汉语双向词典), click Download Now.
2) Follow the instruction

OR

If above steps cannot work out, try below steps: (Tested on N78)

1) Go to http://www.nokia-asia.com/A4429895 (English-Simplified Chinese Dictionary 汉语双向词典), click Download Now.
2) Save the file .zip at Desktop.
3) Extract the files to Desktop
4) You will find private -> 101f9cfe after you extracted the files.
5) Connect you mobile with USB cable, connect as "Mass Storage".
~ Note: It will not allow you to see/create "private" folder when connected as PC SUITE.
6) Once your mobile connected as "Mass Storage", in Windows Explorer, you can see "private" folder.
7) Copy private->101f9cfe from destop(Computer) into the private folder(your mobile memory card).
8) Try to open the Dictionary. It will back to normal.

For Details story of my solution, you can refer to below URL:
/discussions/board/message?board.id=apps&thread.id=10028

Good Luck to you! :smileywink:

Cheers,

Vinx

Please use plain text.

I lost the word database after I changed the memory card for my Nokia 6120 , please help me to install back .
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I've a Nokia 6120 Mobile phone and having an old version of Unidic.

Could you please help me find a new one with English to Arabic library which could speak.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I've a Nokia 6120 Mobile phone and having an old version of Unidic.

Could you please help me find a new one with English to Arabic library which could speak.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anis1008

i have the same problem with my dictionary....my word information is missing and need to install word database..i dont know how...can u help me??

Please use plain text.
agus_hu

thanks for the information of dictionary database....

i have a problem when i am using chinese language to type a message with my nokia 6120 classic, i just can input only one word for the pinyin input text. 

what i should to do to change it like nokia E75 which can input more words for pinyin input text ?

thanks before....

e-mail = agoes_w_t@yahoo.com

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yeecuteq

[ Edited ]

i have this problem 2~how to install??urgent...

msn:

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

edit post 

Personal details removed by a moderator. We kindly ask you not to share your personal contact details or your phone's IMEI number publicly on this forum."

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ye_ling84

I had a Nokia 6120classic, it is originally come with a english-chinese dictionary. I accidentally deleted some files in the memory card. When i run the application each time, it prompt "Dictionary word information missing. Install word database". Where can i get the database?

Please use plain text.