Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: What is the best free antivirus software for N...

Nimbuz

What is the best free antivirus software for Nokia E72 ?

Hi Guys,

Can please anyone tell me, what is the best free antivirus solution for nokia E72. Does nokia E72 needs a antivirus software? Become, Im using a internet and connecting full-time to the internet using data package through my phone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: What is the best free antivirus software for Nokia E72 ?

The simplest answer is 'You do not need any Anti-Virus' ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

petrib wrote:

http://stevelitchfield.com/viruses.htm

Quote from the link. It sounded like you can lost your data and hence, need for Anti-Virus or whatever program.

Fact: the biggest hazard in the Symbian world is the 'warez' scene, where unscrupulous people 'crack' commercial software and then put it up for free download. Quite apart from the ethical considerations about putting genuine Symbian authors out of business, these cracked versions are the perfect opportunity for a malicious cracker to insert routines designed to cripple your phone or scramble your data.

Please use plain text.
Professor
cataholic

[ Edited ]

optiplex330 wrote:

petrib wrote:

http://stevelitchfield.com/viruses.htm

Quote from the link. It sounded like you can lost your data and hence, need for Anti-Virus or whatever program.

Fact: the biggest hazard in the Symbian world is the 'warez' scene, where unscrupulous people 'crack' commercial software and then put it up for free download. Quite apart from the ethical considerations about putting genuine Symbian authors out of business, these cracked versions are the perfect opportunity for a malicious cracker to insert routines designed to cripple your phone or scramble your data.

You clearly do not understand the difference between viruses and malware. A virus checker will not detect malware of the type mentioned in the link.

For example, I could get some useful non free app and modify it so that it still did what it is supposed to but also on the fifth (say) time you run the app it deletes your photos on the phone's MMCard. I could then put it on a bittorrent site for free sharing and have a laugh at the silly people who now have their photos deleted. That is an example of malware - a virus checker, and indeed likely nothing else, is going to protect you from that.

The answer is, of course, to only use apps from trusted sources (and in the case of Nokia, signed ones). If you want you can waste your money buying a virus checker for your phone but the money would be best put towards buying trusted apps rather than downloading potential malware.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

[ Edited ]

cataholic

I agree on that.

Just a "small" reminder for those who praise Android... almost 10% of the apps in Android Store is malware, spyware and virus according to recently investigations from security companies.

I am quiet certain that you will hear a lot regarding this in 2012. I can´t find the links right now.

Just use a search engine to look it up for yourselves, by www.duckduckgo.com of course, not google.

During the week passed, also the swedish data inspector commission started a investigation regarding the bank applications.

Be very careful using economic transactions by using the phone, especially when using log in to your bank or othe crucial financial data.. That is my opinion. people are very naive regarding this....

Anyhow, Symbian is superior regarding safety if you know what you are doing.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

I am sure I am one of those who does not know the difference between virus or malware or trojian or whatever thing they call it. I am only concern with data theft because I use my credit card on my phone. Now I sometime get emails with link to questionable website from people I know. I know their email must had been compromised so normally I immediately deleted this sort of email. But supposedly I accidentally click on that link and went to the questionable website, would my phone be compromised?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

When you link, go to a questionable web site with a mobile phone, the web site does not have access to local data, and cannot install some malicious application to your phone without your knowledge, either.

That is, unless there some exploitable browser vulnerability that  allows something like that, but I haven't heard of any on any Nokia phone models.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
widefine

During the week passed, also the swedish data inspector commission started a investigation regarding the bank applications.

Please use plain text.