Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Whatsapp not working on X2-00 (worked previously!)

Registered Member
vankun
Accepted Solution

Whatsapp not working on X2-00 (worked previously!)

Okay, so this problem has been around for the past 2 weeks.

I use Nokia X2-00 on Vodafone , India. I have a Vodafone Mobile Connect Plan. I had been using Whatsapp without any problem for the past 6 months or so. 2 weeks back, i accidentally deleted the VMC access point.

Since then, i've been facing problems. I have asked the people at Vodafone Customer Care to provide me Settings for VMC. But whatever i do, my Preferred Access Point does not change from Vodafone Live! to Vodafone Mobile Connect.

I have even tried creating a Personal Setting with the Account Name as 'www'. But it doesn't help. I am able to set the Default Config Sett. as 'Vodafone Connect' , but the Preferred Access Pt. is always Vodafone Live!.

I know Whatsapp requires VMC to run, so what can i do to get it back?

Calling the Customer Care is fruitless. I spent nearly 20 minutes with this guy on their Technical Help to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kunal 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Re: Whatsapp not working on X2-00 (worked previously!)

Hi vankun,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.

You will be able to solve this with a hard reset and some help from your operator. Please connect your phone to Nokia Suite and create a back up via Tools > Back up. Do not tick the Settings box when you make the back up.

Disconnect the phone from Nokia Suite and enter *#7370# and default security code 12345 into your phone. The phone will reboot and all data will be erased off the phone. 

Now reconnect with Nokia Suite and restore the back up via Tools > Restore. All data, except for your settings, will be restored onto the phone. Any configured internet setings will therefore be removed. Now contact your operator and ask them to resend you your mobile data settings. When these are reconfigured you'll be asble to use your mobile data and Whatsapp again.

Hope this helps, please keep me updated on your progress.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Switch off the phone- remove the sim. Insert sim of any operator except vodafone. Switch on. Leave it on for 5 minutes. Now switch off again & reinsert your vodafone sim. You will receive fresh settings. From there you will be able set it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cooldoc4242

i hav been facing similar problems wid my nokia x2. I tried al d above, cald my reliance op, got gprs configurd again on my fone,got plan, bt wtsap shows 'no connectn 2 chat server' wnevr i opn app since 2wks! Plz help
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vsh08

I have a Nokia S40 Series phone in India, why can't I use WhatsApp properly?

WhatsApp on Nokia S40 series phones has difficulty with certain mobile providers in India, including Airtel, Idea, Vodafone, Tata Docomo. For more information, see our website.

If you have Airtel or Tata Docomo as your mobile provider, we have confirmed reports of successfully using WhatsApp with a specific wireless access point configuration:

1. Go to Settings -> Configuration -> Preferred Access Point. Select Mobile Office.
  2. Go to Settings -> Configuration -> Default config settings. Delete the config settings.
  3. Reboot your phone.

If you have Vodafone as your mobile provider, these steps may help:

1. Go to Settings -> Configuration -> Preferred Access point. Select Vodafone Mobile Connect.
  2. Go to Settings -> Configuration -> Default config settings. Delete the config settings.
  3. Reboot your phone.

If you have Idea as your mobile provider, you may be able to successfully use WhatsApp by following these steps:

1. Go to Settings -> Configuration -> Default Config Settings and select Idea Internet
  2. Go back to Configuration and then to Preferred access pt, and select Idea Internet
  3. Restart your phone.

Please keep in mind that we do not have a guaranteed solution for this problem at this time. Even though you may be able to send and receive emails and chats from other applications, one or more of the channels that WhatsApp uses may be selectively blocked by your mobile provider's wireless access point settings.

Some users have reportedly solved the issue by contacting their mobile provider. Below are some steps that may be helpful:

1. Contact your mobile provider and ask them about how to configure your access point settings to run non-HTTP (non-web) applications.
  2. They will guide you through a process in which you will manually configure your data network and web settings.

If any of your friends are successfully using WhatsApp on a Nokia S40 phone in India, it would be wonderful if you could let us know how they managed to do this. One possible question to ask your friends is what wireless access point settings their phone is using.

Cheers,
WhatsApp Support Team 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Shrenik

Vodafone requires manual settiing to be done in S40 series for using the Ineternet applications.

It works absolutely fine with Nokia X2 by doing the below changes. Recently got it solved in my X2. Even I had connecting to it with Vodafone but then got the settings manually. Please follow the below steps

1.Go to Setting --- Configuration -- Personal Settings

2.Then select options -- Add New -- Web. In account name specify as VMC and select No for Use preferred pref access pt option.

3. Then select access point which is below the User preferred access point option. Go to Bearer settings.

4.Set packet data acc. pt as www (remove internet which is set by default). Select Network type as IP4.

5. Go back to Personal settings under Config settings and activate VMC account by selecting Options -- Activate.

6. In Personal settings click Add New -- Access Settings 

7. Set Account Name as My access point.

8. Go to Access Point setting under the account name option and go to bearer settings and do as mentioned in pt. 4.

9. Activate My access point under Personal settings.

10. In Config settings select Personal Config as Default config setting and activate it Default in all apps

11. In Preferred access point select My Access point.

Follow the above steps and it would work absolutely fine. Have been using successfully Whatsapp for more than a week from now. Also fixed the same for few other people as well.  :Cool:

Cascade the same to other friends who are having the same problem.

Cheers,

Shrenik.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Beya

Dear Shrenik,

you are really a legend, thanks alot for the shared idea which has given a solution to many people regarding the installation of whatsapp on Nokia s40 phones... In the name of all those who have been helped from your idea, i say "Thank you!!!"

Arcene beya

http://www.aigsnetwork.tk

Please use plain text.
kunal2689

Dear Shrenik,
Can you please provide me manual setting for airtel service provide.. It wil be great help for me.. Thanks in advance
Please use plain text.
aleisha11

kunal2689 wrote:
Dear Shrenik,
Can you please provide me manual setting for airtel service provide.. It wil be great help for me.. Thanks in advance

Have you tried the steps provided? Please make sure that you have the correct settings. You can obtain it from your network provider. 

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chandan88

[ Edited ]

I use Nokia X2-00 on idea connection before 1 week it's workin very good but now its not working when i use airtel connetion it working please any body help me i used setting provied by "Shrenik." but it's not working plz help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
manjushi

whtsapp is working in nokia x2. why?

i installed whatsapp but its showing server error in nokia x2.. wht should be done to activate

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Just_Vic

Thank you so...much thanks to you i am able to use Whatsapp :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
namah4

Re: Whatsapp not working on X2-00 on idea pls help

hi,

i hav did all the changes in the settings as ttold by the idea opertor customer service desk n u in the post . i had downloaded the whats app from nokia ovi store on my x2-00 but at the stage of verifying my mobile no ( whn it sends a msg ) its showing connection to server problem ..

pls help how may i resolve it to use whats app.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mandeeppatiyal

Hey Man,  You are realy Genious. Thanks that actually worked for me on my Nokia X2

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ntema

i have a nokia x2 but whenever i reboot the phone some applications wont run on phone as there would be amessage coming from the phone that invalid application delete this normally happens with whatsapp and facebook i downloaded from ovi store what should i do.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sujitpss

i have a nokia 500 with idea connection whenever i use 3g network it keeps restarting in every 2 minutes what should i do
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
appieekaur

Re: whtsapp is working in nokia x2. why?

server prob is coming wen mob no is verified

manjushi wrote:

i installed whatsapp but its showing server error in nokia x2.. wht should be done to activate

same prob m having

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
appieekaur

Re: whtsapp is working in nokia x2. why?

plz help me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
praveenparsh

Thanks Shrenik, Seems ur settings have worked on my C3 as well
Please use plain text.
ndivya

[ Edited ]

hello,

i also have the problem with whats app, i use nokia x2-00 on bsnl, india

it works previously...i used whats app last month through bsnl operator without any problem...and this month whn i changed the sim  and its not working now...

whenever i am giving my no. it show a message - could not connect to server : certificate was issued by an unrecognized entity

even though .i installed it from ovi store, bt still not working.

and again i hv changed the sim idea to bsnl...bt its not working...

when i called to bsnl operator they says that there was no prblem with my network,

and when i called nokia care they send me a link to download whatsapp but its not working.....

i tired all the things that i can do but cant get any soulation

please help me

any help would be appreciated

thanx

divya

Please use plain text.