Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Whatsapp on asha200

Naresh21
Accepted Solution

Whatsapp on asha200

I just want to know...will whats app messenger work on nokia asha 200...please please reply asap..

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi Naresh21,

Welcome to the Nokia forum and thank you for your post.

Whatsapp is not compatible with the Asha 200. Your phone is compatible with other IM applications such as Chat For Facebook PRO and Nimbuzz, so perhaps this can offer you an alternative.

Hope this clears things up.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
jk09051996

Whats the reason for whatsapp not working on Nokia Asha 200? It has almost the same specifications as Nokia Asha 201. Still it does not work?

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

Hi jk09051996,

Thank you for you post and welcome to the forums.

The Asha 200 and 201 use a different version of the s40 operating system. As Nokia isn't the publisher of the application that question would be better directed at the application publisher. You can find a link below to there home page:

http://www.whatsapp.com/

Kind Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
jk09051996

Is it possible that in the future Nokia Asha 200 will get an update that will support whatsapp?

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

@jk09051996

Hi,

This is something better asking to the publisher of the application. Please refer to the following link:

http://www.whatsapp.com/

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Registered Member
lohia_nil_22

nimbuzz and facebook chat pro are also not

Naresh21 wrote:

I just want to know...will whats app messenger work on nokia asha 200...please please reply asap..

workin on my phone..!!

houhou

Dear Sir,

Please can you visit from your mobile to nokia web and see he put whatsapp is working with asha 200 why? and he mention whatsapp on asha 200 and you can see in this link: http://ashadontmissout.12dld.mobi/qwerty/display.do?id=31783
jk09051996

how did you get whatsapp to work no your nokia asha 200?? please let me know! thank you!

Registered Member
shells1

how did you manage tat
Registered Member
divythakkar13

It is possible....???
Registered Member
Aakkiibb

so we hav to wait for asha software upgrade or whatsapp upgrade clear this thing sir.....cant u people get an software update for asha which is compatible for whatsapp rply fast....
Registered Member
Queerty

Do they sell all this phone colours in little India phone shops?
Registered Member
akg292

Is there any apps for asha 200 for reading pdf files
Registered Member
Lomo

Am using Nokia asha 201 but it is not able to install the whatsup. I need your help
Advisor
arjunrk

Yes s40reader available on nokia store
Registered Member
petobixtics

Pls i sciencerly needs whats app messenger for my nokia asha 200 or ther any other popular instnt messenger i can download?
Registered Member
minal26

You can try for viber or we chat, these r another instant messengers, so u ca n give a try.
Registered Member
hirenlakhani90

Hi... please get a new update for Nokia Asha 200 as same as asha201 so that we can use Whatsapp in asha 200

thank you

Community Manager
tiny_chef

Answer posted here

Final Banner