Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Whatsapp support for nokia 206 !

Registered Member
MassHero
Accepted Solution

Whatsapp support for nokia 206 !

I heard that nokia 206 will released in the q4 of 2012 !
I am planned to get that mobile ! My Most favourite application is whatsapp ! 
Whether whatsapp will work in this mobile(nokia 206) or not? s40 series mobiles will be working with whatsapp for sure ! this mobile also s40 series only ! but it is a little low budget mobile ! thats y, i am asking whether it will work or not ? plz tel me !
i'm waiting !

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Re: Whatsapp support for nokia 206 !

hi mate,

you will have to check with WhatsApp directly and contact them for news of availability / compatibility of WhatsApp for your desired device.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
billbobaggins

yes what'sapp comes pre-installed on the single sim version of 206

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MassHero

oh ! then, super ! It will be awesome ! what would be the cost of Nokia 206 in single sim version ?
Also when it will be released ie. releasing date ?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
coolsix

absolutely wrong.........whatsapp is not available on nokia 206 s40.....it works only on s40 and s60.....for the s40,: nokia C3, X2-00, X2-01, asha 300, asha 302 and asha 303.....last time i checked,206 is not involved
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
billbobaggins

[ Edited ]

Release date i think is week before xmas i hear, cost is about 70USD, Above poster What'sapp does run it's new phone , its installed on the single sim version look Official Nokia Press Release says so......

http://press.nokia.com/2012/11/26/nokia-introduces-slam-on-the-new-nokia-asha-205-and-nokia-206/

Other key features of the Nokia 206 include:
- Imaging technology that optimizes photos taken with the 1.3MP camera for sharing on Facebook 
- A comprehensive social and mobile entertainment package with eBuddy Chat, WhatsApp** and a gift pack of 10 free, premium content items
- Available in single SIM and dual SIM models
- Dual SIM model features Nokia's exclusive EasySwap technology that enables consumers to change SIM cards without having to turn off the device
- Impressive standby time: up to 47 days with single SIM and up to 28 days with dual SIM

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
billbobaggins

[ Edited ]

See Above! coolsix

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MassHero

ok ! tanq ! really awesom mobile ! i'm waiting for it !

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
billbobaggins

Me to are they asleep on production line??? Cmon Mr ESLOP!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sarkarji

whatsapp support nokia 206

nokia 206 has finally launched in india but in dual sim model...but why does whatsapp doesnot work on this....???

what is the difference in the single sim variant of nokia 206 and dual sim nokia 206....which makes the single sim nokia 206 run whatsapp and dual sim variant not to run whatsapp.... plz anyone give me a solution...

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Re: whatsapp support nokia 206

Best to check with Whatsapp publisher as they are the ones who would determine if their app will be available for your device. Contact them here: http://www.whatsapp.com/contact/

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nabamit

Re: What's app are supported in NOKIA ASHA 206 / NOKIA 206 ??

All the S40 series Apps ans 240 * 320 resolution games are supported..   :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
billbobaggins

Re: whatsapp support nokia 206

I wouldn't mind this to on dual sim.....not sure why single dual are different? maybe what'sapp make it yet.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Rathod86

I heard whatsapp for nokia 206!!! Alone sim ok. Do whatsapp work alone vodafone of sim?????
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aukash

Does any one know when they will launch the whatsapp support for the dual sim Version, Plz reply

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi aukash

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! :Cool:

Best to ask the developer or publisher of the said application, you can reach them by clicking this link: http://www.whatsapp.com/contact/ Nokia Support Discussions is a support community for users of Nokia products and services.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Employee
armagon

Good news - WhatsApp added for Nokia 206 dual SIM along with the latest 4.51 SW update: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Software-Updates/New-software-update-for-Nokia-206-amp-Nokia-206-Dua...

(not available as a separate download yet from WhatsApp's site or Nokia Store, but I'd expect the app to appear also there sooner or later). 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get Asha Software Platform 1.4 update now:
http://www.nokia.com/global/asha-software-update

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs
https://twitter.com/NokiaSWUpdates
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Shrihara

I Bought Nokia 206 Dual SIM phone today (India), Whatsapp is pre-installed in it :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
warmaaz

i want to install whatsapp in nokia asha 206 dual sim

Please use plain text.
jvbhanutej

in dual sim 206 watsapp available now pls update ur mobile
software
Please use plain text.