Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Whatsapp wont install on Asha 210 dual sim. SOS

Registered Member
wiqi11

Whatsapp wont install on Asha 210 dual sim. SOS

I bought a nokia 210 dual sim phone today. Nokia clearly advertised that it comes with whatsapp which turned out to be a false claim. It comes with a whatsapp installer which wont work. I connected it to my home wifi. Internet working fine. When I try installing whatsapp, it would not complete download process and eventualy fail. Any suggestion?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ALahori

Re: Whatsapp wont install on Asha 210 dual sim. SOS

m getting same problem, i buy new asha210, not installing whats app.

help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mattiacast

I have the same problem.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mattiacast

WhatsApp is pre-installed in "Personal Application", :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Maureenna

Same problem here,we need a solution please!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sanjubaba231

i hv prob in installing whatsapp on Nokia Asha 210 Dual sim ..after downloading it is displaying message " Certificate invalid according to phones date".. what is this problem ..do anybody hv suggestions.. plzzz

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Faery

Where is "Personal Application"? I can't find it... And I already checked my whole phone...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
khawajag1

Yes, I am also facing this problem. "Gift" apps also have same problem in my Asha210. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
anna22

sim : UFONE

phone model :NOKIA ASHA 210 DUAL SIM , V 04.12

whatsapp is not installing nokia asha 210 , if gets installed error appears . now when i try to open whatsapp launcher it gives a notice " APPLICATION NOT READY , TRY LATER " i am fed up.. i am a nokia user for 8 years but this time i am highly disappointed. please check your manufacturing skills NOKIA .

Please use plain text.
Sage
Stephenmuroki

Nokia Asha 210 is supported by whatsapp. You can either try the link at ovi store or just the link in whatsapp site

http://www.whatsapp.com/s40/

however, i am not sure if the dual sim version allows downloads for whatsapp application.
Please use plain text.
royalshery

[ Edited ]

to install whatsapp on nokia asha 210 first download whatsaa.jad file from ovi store and renam it to whatsapp.txt now use notepad++ and open the whatsapp.txt in it. on the 4th line naming MIDlet-jar-url "https://d.ovi.com/p/g/store/14294134/WhatsApp_315234.jar?q=HHsbspG0LQPuRCOetySC3UnMIsDzHBSv&c=ovi_st... (without quotes)  copy the url from here and paste it in the browser's address bar. now you have the .jar app copy this in your phone's memory card and update the app! in my case this thing work and i m happily using the whatapp! 

Moderator's Note: The post was edited because the email address and contact number were removed. It's not advisable to post any personal information on the public forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Guiguindia

Actually I got the same problem and it was solved out quite easily. After the whatsapp application was downloaded, I got a message "Certificate invalid according to the phone date". In fact you just need to change the date of your Nokia to today's date, and it just worked fine after that for me.

Hope it helps !

Please use plain text.
Eagleine

I have an easiler idea. First download Ucweb. Then open the app column in the ucweb and you will see whatsapp there and its working perfect. I am using it.
Please use plain text.
viviann

In my case- its installed well..when i enter mobile no and try to connect its shows- could not connect to server: error occured whilst opening connection.

Actually none of my apps are connecting to internet, except for browser and Nokia Nearby .. Please help

I checked all net settings, aircel provider..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ngqwele

I had a similar problem but i solved it. I opened the browser on the phone and entered www.whatsapp.com/s40/ and this link downloaded whatsapp onto my sd card. When it finished downloading it launched and worked properly.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yuskid

download/update is stopped.please try again later @my whatsapp (asha210) pls.help.me.out
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yuskid

pls oooo my internet browser gt a problem, (cannot reach the server right now, somethng 006(all the time) wetin be the solution sir?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
peacemain88

I have tried all of the solutions that were posted in this thread (which is the only thread on the issue I could find) and I have found a solution. Clearly the Whatsapp Launcher is broken. So to bypass it, go to the Store on your phone. Update the Store app if necessary. Download Whatsapp S40, it should be the most featured download link. It will install and launch whatsapp for you.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
manjot0306

i am using whatsapp in asha 210 and its preinstalled

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mike1732

[ Edited ]

It should work too but I Googled for "Whatsapp for Nokia Asha 202" and got the right one somewhere. Nokia Asha 210 does support WhatsApp.

Please use plain text.