Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Whatsapp

Registered Member
barryallen

Whatsapp

Hello, i recently purchased a nokia lumia 610, im from india, and i cannot download whatsapp on my phone. I was unable to find it on Marketplace and i couldn't download it straight from whatsapp.com, please help. Is my phone compatible with Whatsapp? i bought the phone thinking it is and im really disappointed. How and when can i download it if its possible? 
Thank you. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mono0565

whatsapp

Just bought a Nokia lumia 610, and i can't download whatsapp on this phone.Im very disapointed by that.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Whatsapp

As you have noticed WhatsApp has been pulled from Marketplace. The reason for this is not known at this time, but we know it will return with an updated version. No timeframe has been given for this. You may want to contact WhatsApp support for more information as this is a 3rd party application.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Whatsapp available again

[ Edited ]

The 2.8.0 update of WhatsApp for Windows Phone is now available in Marketplace. You can use the link or the QR code which you can scan using your phone. No list of changes was provided.

• Press the Search searchbutton on your Lumia phone and then tap Visionvision
  • Scan the barcode by pointing your phone at it. You can scan all three in sequence or one at a time.
  • Tap on the link when it appears on your phone (Need help scanning?)
  • Install the application from the Windows Phone Marketplace

If this option is not available to you download the app Esponce QR Reader or QR Code Reader as an alternative.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
prabhusgs

Wow!.. I was struggling to download it as well. I just bought it now and the first thing I wanted was to install Whatsapp. I almost had a heartattack. But the QR code woked fine and now it's downloading..

Kosh wrote:

The 2.8.0 update of WhatsApp for Windows Phone is now available in Marketplace. You can use the link or the QR code which you can scan using your phone. No list of changes was provided.

• Press the Search button on your Lumia phone and then tap Vision
  • Scan the barcode by pointing your phone at it. You can scan all three in sequence or one at a time.
  • Tap on the link when it appears on your phone (Need help scanning?)
  • Install the application from the Windows Phone Marketplace

If this option is not available to you download the app Esponce QR Reader or QR Code Reader as an alternative.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NixerLumia

Hi, i recently purchased this phone but my whatsapp is only working on wifi and not on 3g? so outside my house its not working, is there a setting i need to change?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sanchi

My younger brother has logged in with his hotmail id for NOKIA LUMIA 610. So when im installing whatsapp using dis QR code ...it gives narration dat u need to do dis from ur computer cos ur a/c indicated dat u r a child. How to login wid my email id and disable my brother id ?? Plss guide... Im stuck.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

If that is the primary account for the device the device then you will need to reset the phone & set it up again using your account as the primary account. You can add your younger brother's account later for contacts/mail etc.
If that has been added at a later stage all you need to do is remove that account.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 1020/920
Please use plain text.
Kems

Can whatsapp be operational using a nokia lumia 510 phone? Cos i think of buying the phone. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sunsetrose

Hello...help me,plssss. I have a nokia lumia 610 and i can t install  the whatsapp app. When i chose from marketplace to install this app appears the next messages ,,sorry, you need to do this from your computer because your account indicates that you are a child. To join xbox live, go to xbox.com abd sign in. to purchase content from marketplace, sign in at zune.net or using the zune software on your pc,, .I have tried also to join on xbox.com and i can t install. What can i do? Thanks

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi sunsetrose

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! :Cool:

Microsoft child account. Child accounts may have policies configured for contact management which result in Windows Phone being unable to sync with Microsoft account successfully. If this is no longer a child account, read an acticle How to convert a child's Windows Live ID account into an adult account from Microsoft support. Or, to fix the error, follow these steps:

1. Open a web browser and visit http://fss.live.com.
  2. Sign in with the Microsoft parent (primary) account.
  3. Under the Family member section, click Edit settings for the child account having the sign in issue.
  4. Click Contact management, and select to enable Child manages their own contact list. Note After the child Microsoft account successfully signs in, you may revert this setting back to Parent manages the child's contact list.
  5. On your phone, select Start > Settings > Email+accounts.
  6. Tap Windows Live and re-enter your username and password information.
  7. Tap Done. The phone will sync with Microsoft account and sign in successfully.

Sourcehttp://www.nokia.com/ph-en/support/troubleshooting/?action=singleFAQ&caseid=FA137922_en_US

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gsmesko

Hello, I also need a help with whatsapp on my Nokia lumia 510...I am not able to chosee or to set up ring tone for new message on whatsapp...please help :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.