Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Windows Media Player driver

Contributor

Windows Media Player driver

Hi All, I have an S60 phone (Nokia 5500 Sport)_ with the latest formware loaded. I just downloaded the WMP driver as I wanted to sync the phone with WMP (obviously).
However, when I select media player (after connecting the USB cable) the PC finds new hardware and installs the driver OK (as expected). The problem is that when I click 'finish' the pc re-detects new hardware and goes through the process again and again and again. I can't get out of this loop at the moment. This happens every time I connect the cable and select 'media player' from the phone menu.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Thank you.

Jonathan
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I notice that the Windows Media Player driver for my N80ie says it is for Windows Media Player 10. I have Windows Media Player 11. Is that why it doesn't work?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
edouard

@biyahero

Do it yourself, it's the same principle for all Nokia music phone I think, there is a nice article here.
Nokia 5500 Sport
V 03.14
Please use plain text.
Advisor
edouard

I had the same experience and it's a little bit a shame that after so long there isn't a wmp11 driver for the 5500. So I have made myself one and it works at least! (very simple in fact)

1. Create a text file and save it as: "Nokia_5500_Sport_WMP11_driver.inf"

2. Copy/paste:

[Version]
Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"
Class=WPD
ClassGUID={EEC5AD98-8080-425f-922A-DABF3DE3F69A}
Provider=%Provider%
DriverVer=10/03/2005,1.0.0.0

[Manufacturer]
%MfgName%=Nokia

[Nokia]
%Nokia.DeviceDesc%=Nokia_MTP, USB\VID_0421&PID_047E