Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Worrying

Sage
bumblebirra

Worrying

I don't know if this is the right place to mention this, but there appears to be a developer called "anurag guleria" who is typically charging £4 for what appears to be totally worthless rubbish. Totally misleading names and claims to what the apps do, in the hope that some people might purchase without realising.

I find it really concerning that this is going on.

Here is a typical example of an app description:- "ll you need to be inflicted with is the Wi-Fi connection, and you will able to aid the internet everywhere always you are. Technology has altered the visage of a ration as regards the internet. One will therefore ask how he or she will access this gift. Download it to get all feeds of mobile wifi enhancer."

http://store.ovi.com/publisher/anurag%20guleria/

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Could someone from Nokia please reply to this. This same developer is also operating under other guises too.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

bumblebirra wrote:

Totally misleading names and claims to what the apps do, in the hope that some people might purchase without realising.

Don't forget "Dynamic Chess":smileysurprised:

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Have you clicked the report abuse button on the nokia store website for this app? If people report it then it will be looked into and removed if it's found to breach store rules.

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

I haven't tried the abuse button, but I might try that. Maybe the reason why Nokia haven't already done something about this is because there may well be no rules being breached. The descriptions are "cleverly" getting around them. There doesn't appear to be much feedback on any of these apps, except for a few which look completely false.
It's easy to see that the apps are pure rubbish, but anyone who doesn't understand English very well might not realise.

Some of them might be worth the £4 just for the amusement value.

mobile processor accumulator - In a mobile's central processing unit (CPU), an accumulator is a register in which intermediate arithmetic and logic results are stored,this app contain knowledge about the mobile processor accumulator,just download it and get all the knowledge about the accumulator.

LOL!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

You tend to find garbage apps like this on all platforms that skirt the rules in order to rip folk off.
Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Do Nokia check the apps in any way. I wonder where we could find the rules? (if any?)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

You should be able to find the rules on the developers site, the ovi publisher site or nokia app wizard site if it's one of those apps. It's not really an issue for this forum.

As a user all you can do is report it through the correct channels.

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

It's like false advertising. Surely, even software has to be fit for the purpose for which a customer expects from the description - but maybe I'm opening up a whole can of worms here, hence no moderators responding.
Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Ok, thankyou for your replies.
Please use plain text.