Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

YouTube App stopped working on E5-00! Showing conn...

Advisor
urosbre
Accepted Solution

YouTube App stopped working on E5-00! Showing connection error!

I have problem only with this app, every other app that uses internet works just fine. YouTube App reports the same following error on both, 3G and Wi-Fi. I tried to reinstall the app, but it didn't help. Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

Re: YouTube App stopped working on E5-00! Showing connection error!

[ Edited ]

I got the exact same problem on a newly reinstalled E72, though the same app runs well on another E72.

There is actually no network connection problem as all other apps can access the Internet, the app just stops at the Terms and Conditions page and can't be initialised. It seems something changed at the YouTube side hence the app just can't locate the network resources it needs for the first run on the device.

As the same app can work on other S60 devices, that means just some configuration information is missing on the newly installed device. The most easy way to fix is to copy the app's private data from another known-good device. Assume you have installed the YouTube app in memory card (not phone memory), then you need a computer to access the files stored on the phone's memory card.

This YouTube app is for S60 device, its private data is stored at E:\Private\2000FBBA, where E is the memory card. Beside the subfolder "res", there are some other files in this folder, see below the example.

backup_registration.xml 225.00b April 8 2012
didk 143.00b June 26 2012
fv1 1.00Kb June 26 2012
pstlgs 44.00b June 26 2012
res 1.50Kb January 18 2013 at 14:57
sehi 27.00b June 26 2012
stgs 148.00b June 26 2012

Simply copy these files from the other S60 device to your phone, then your YouTube should be able to work as expected. Be aware you are using the other phone's private settings including country code and search history. Do no try to "clear private data" under Help option, this will reinitialise the app and bring the problem back.

If you just can't borrow a known-good S60 device, try get these files by searching for "2000FBBA" on Google.

This solution worked on my E72.

NOTE: Don't touch the other files as it may brick your phone. Take your risks.

Just hope this could help.

bbao

* If this post helped you, please click the white Kudo star.
* If this post has solved your issue, please click Accept as Solution.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
urosbre

Thak you bbao very very very much. You are a genuis!

For those who need 2000FBBA folder:

https://mega.co.nz/#!U9FUmR5K!A-PrVRhS1IC1heGbfbR7bk-BHGQKaMR671SMcS2PODs
Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

My pleasure, you are welcome. :smileyhappy:

Also thanks for sharing the required file.
bbao

Please use plain text.
vaishn

hey bbao!i've been having the same problem for about a month now with my e5.After many unsuccessful attemps to find a solution for this on google, i have come across this thread and i was more than relieved to know that i can fix this issue.I must tell you that i am not a computer person and  dont understand any technicalities you  mention.As u have told,i have downloaded the 2000FBBA file from the link shared by urosbre and it was 2000FBBA.rar which when copied to my phone was not supported by my mobile.Then i have downloaded 2000FBBA.zip and copied it and though i was able to open the file on my phone , there was no improvement with my youtube.I dont know what to do and i am very much frustated with watching youtube on web in my phone.i would be very grateful to u if u give me the step-by-step instructions as and how to fix this problem,

Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

Hi vaishn

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately you can't simply copy or download the comprssed RAR or ZIP file to the phone and extract its content to the folder E:\Private\2000FBBA, simply because you can't see the folder using your phone. The folder is a hidden system folder for storing private application data hence it can't be visible and accessible to the phone user in order to protect the system and applications.

You have to do this with your PC. First make sure your YouTube app is installed on memory card (not phone memory), then follow the procedure below.

1. Turn off your phone (S60 device).

2. Remove the memory card from the phone.

3. As commonly the memory card is a MicroSD card, you need to put it in a SD card adapter in order to read it on a PC or laptop.

4. Plug in the SD adapter on your PC, you can see a folder named "Private" under the root folder. You may the locate the 2000FBBA folder under Private.

5. Copy all files (only files) extracted from the downloaded RAR/ZIP file to this 2000FBBA folder. No need to copy files of the folder "res".

6. Don't touch any other files on the MicroSD card.

7. Follow the standard process to eject the MicroSD card from Windows or Linux.

8. Put the memory card back to your phone.

9. Start YouTube app. It should be working and you can see the serach history of the other phone.

Good luck.
bbao

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mironeji

Hello there!

I have the same problem (almost) and have been looking for a solution for the past 5 or 6 hours. Can't tell you guys how much I was relieved when I saw  "Solved! Go to solution" but unfortunately it didn't work for me.

The thing is, I did a factory reset on my Nokia E63 because of a problem I had with Adobe Reader, and when the phoned turned on after the reset, I found out that Youtube was already installed, but there wasn't any shortcut to launch the app in the Media or Installations menu. So I opened the app manager and deleted it, and then re-installed it ( I installed a 2.04(10) version I found online). And now I have the same error as in OP's picture.

I donwloaded the 2000FBBA folder and tried to copy the files in the C:\Private folder using an app called X-plore (because Youtube was installed in C and there wasn't a 2000FBBA folder in E:\Private). Apparently you can't do that, even with x-plore, so I uninstalled the youtube app, and re-installed it on the SD memory card this time. The youtube app was still not working (same "could not connect" error) so I opened the card on my pc and there was a 2000FBBA folder, but it only had 2 files and a full "res" folder.
I copied the files from your RAR to E:\Private\2000FBBA, put the card back in the phone, turned it on, but youtube was still not working. I should also mention that I did the factory reset like 5 hours ago, but youtube was working fine yesterday, and I forgot to write down the number of the version I was using.

2.04(10) is the only version I have been able to find online. There's this this one but I can't find a way to download it.

This is getting very frustrating for me, and it doesn't help that when I use the web browser and real player to view youtube videos the quality is really bad and there's a lot of "stuttering" and small "breaks" in the sound.

Please I'm open to any suggestions. Even if I have to do another factory reset I'll do it, I just want to watch some videos on my phone :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

What I am using is YouTube 2.04(10) too, so the solution of rewrting folder 2000FBBA should be workable on your S60 devices.

You no need to factory reset your phone, just make sure to install the YouTube app on memory card, better then run the app and try to accept the Terms and Conditions though it won't be successful.

After that, make sure to remove the memory card and rewrite the private folder using a PC. See my early posts for files in the folder.
bbao

Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

BTW, are you sure v2.0.4(10) is compatible with E63?
bbao

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mironeji

[ Edited ]

Hey again and thanks for replying!

When I uninstall Youtube and install it again, I get 3 new folders in E:\Private : 2000FBBA, 10003a3f and 10202dce (this one contains a sis file : "2000fbba.sis")

I tried doing the whole thing again about 4 or 5 times, and each time trying something differently;

1st time: Copied and replaced the files without copying the res folder (Followed your instructions above)

2nd time: Copied and replaced the files, and the res folder as well

3rd time: Deleted the whole 2000FBBA folder the phone created after installing Youtube, and put the one from the Rar as it is. This time Youtube wouldn't even launch.

And I've used a PC and a Micro SD card adapter the whole time of course.

As for the compatibility thing, I don't see why it wouldn't be compatible with E63. According to Wikipedia :

E63 = "S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2 UI on Symbian v9.2"

E72 = "S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2 UI on Symbian OS v9.3"

Even urosbre's phone is an E5 (S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2 UI on Symbian OS v9.3), I don't see why the folder he provided in the Rar wouldn't work on my phone. And I can't find anyone else who still uses an old Symbian phone and has Youtube. Godammn rich kids these days with their iPhones and Samsung Galaxy lol.

I mean usually my E63 displays an error message if I try to install an app that's not compatible, but 2.04(10) always gets installed with no problems. Plus it always opens and even asks me to select an access point and all. This is really driving me nuts.

Edit: Perhaps the Symbian OS v9.2/v9.3 thing is the problem?

Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

The folder "10202dce" is for uninstalling applications, and that small SIS file is just the uninstaller of YouTube.

The folder "10003a3f" is the application shortcuts, the items you see after pressing the Menu button.

The folder "2000FBBA" is just for the private data used by YouTube That's why only the files in this folder should be copied.

Also just to double check if all operations you mentioned above were done offline on a PC by removing the memory card from the phone and putting it directly on the PC?

bbao

Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

Please be aware that private data of the YouTube app might be OS specific or even device specific, hence the name of its parent folder PRIVATE, that's why the most safe way to overwrite the 2000FBBA folder is to use your early own data on the same kind of device.

Just clarify, in my case, I have spare E72s and they are identical and all installed with the same versions of software. The 2000FBBA files I overwrote on the problem phone were from another E72 with working YouTube installed.

Secondly, I didn't try the 2000FBBA.zip on the Internent, it was shared by another community memeber who had the same problem on his/her E5.
bbao

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mironeji

Hey! 

"Also just to double check if all operations you mentioned above were done offline on a PC by removing the memory card from the phone and putting it directly on the PC"

Yes, yes they were. I even turned off the phone before taking out the memory card, and then used a micro SD adapter to be able to use it on the pc.

" that's why the most safe way to overwrite the 2000FBBA folder is to use your early own data on the same kind of device."

Didn't think I would run into this problem, otherwise I would've kept a backup of the whole phone memory. 

Anyway, yesterday I kept opening and closing the youtube app over and over again. The 14th or 15th time, I was able to accept the terms and conditions, but now when it opens, it gets stuck at "Starting up". I can see the search bar, the "browse videos" and "sign in" buttons, but in the middle of the screen there's isn't a featured video. There's just "Starting up". If I write "Louis" for example in the search bar, I'll get a few suggestions like louis ck, louis armstrong, louis vuitton etc.. but if I chose one or press enter it gets stuck on "Connecting" with that little loading circle.

Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

> Anyway, yesterday I kept opening and closing the youtube app over and over again. The 14th or 15th time, I was able to accept the terms and conditions, but now when it opens, it gets stuck at "Starting up". I can see the search bar, the "browse videos" and "sign in" buttons, but in the middle of the screen there's isn't a featured video. There's just "Starting up". If I write "Louis" for example in the search bar, I'll get a few suggestions like louis ck, louis armstrong, louis vuitton etc.. but if I chose one or press enter it gets stuck on "Connecting" with that little loading circle.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. I experienced all symptoms you had above.

Luckily, once overwrote the files under the 2000FBBA folder, all issues of my YouTube were gone.

Unfortunately, I don't have E63 and cannot test my solution on the exact same OS. I would suggest you send a message to scoobyman to seek for his help. He is a great S60 expert also a major contributor at the forums here.

bbao

Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

Problem solved?
bbao

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mironeji

Hey! Sorry for not checking in for so long.

I've been trying to find someone who has a E63 with youtube installed. Unfortunately the only two people I have found so far who have an E63: youtube was not installed on the memory card. I'm still looking, but for now the app still won't work.

As for scoobyman, he actually offered to help via private message about a week ago without me even asking. Unfortunately he does not have a E63 or a E71 which according to him might have helped since files from other types of phones haven't worked for me so far.

I'd like to thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it. I'm still going to keep looking for an E63 with a youtube app installed on the memory card so that I can get the 2000FBBA folder, and will be back here to let you know whether it worked or not, and share the folder so that anyone who has a E63 can get it.

Thanks again!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pithanks

bbao,

Can you please share your 2000FBBA here?

zip attached here is not working on youtube 2.04.10. 2.04.4 had no problem though.

TIA
Please use plain text.
farhan901

I dnt hv S60 mobile so what I do plssssss tell me 

Please use plain text.
musica

Hi, farhan901. It would be best to provide the exact model of your device and the exact issue you're having with the YouTube app so we can help.
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
farhan901

I hv same prblm for my nokia e5  can u plss tell me how i use dis folder plss tell me step by step Thanks

Please use plain text.