Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: alive app is it applicable for nokia 5130 xpre...

Counsellor
ezreaderdocpdf
Accepted Solution

alive app is it applicable for nokia 5130 xpress music a java supported mobile

Hi, now every newspaper could capture the video live in from the newspaper by downloading aliveapp. But when i go to the site for downloading it is available for some of the nokia models only. It is , i suppose, supporting jad files and not jar files which most of the nokia devices support.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Re: alive app is it applicable for nokia 5130 xpress music a java supported mobile

hi mate,

as this is a user to user forum only for Nokia products and services, you will need to contact the devloper of Alive App directly to ascertain compatibility with your device.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ezreaderdocpdf

Re: alive app is it applicable for nokia 5130 xpress music a java supported mobile

Sir,    I just want to know, if the jad could be converted as jar file so that, alive app could also be downloaded and made use of.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Jad files are just installers for jar files. If you'll access the jad file in your phone's browser, it will most possibly install the application. Jad is usually used so to add the permissions and signing to the main app. If that app is made compatible to run on MIDP2.0, it will run on your device.
To get a direct jar file link, an easy way is to open the jad file using a text editor (such as notepad) on your pc and the strings will also include a jar file URL.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ezreaderdocpdf

,Re: alive app is it applicable for nokia 5130 xpress music a java supported mobile

Hi, singhnsk, Thank for the reply. But i want to know whether the alive app jad file download available for download at aliveapp.in could be accessed in this way.If i start about nokia not providing thro firmware, my question would either be moved or moved for ever.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Re: ,Re: alive app is it applicable for nokia 5130 xpress music a java supported mobile

Hi Ezreaderdocpdf,

Singhnsk answered your question to the best of their knowledge. If you are still encountering problems, you will need to contact the developer of the app itself, as it has nothing to do with Nokia.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: ,Re: alive app is it applicable for nokia 5130 xpress music a java supported mobile

ezreaderdocpdf wrote:

Hi, singhnsk, Thank for the reply. But i want to know whether the alive app jad file download available for download at aliveapp.in could be accessed in this way.If i start about nokia not providing thro firmware, my question would either be moved or moved for ever.

..and as far the matter of moving the post (question) goes..do not worry till its just moved. That may be only to organise the Forum so that it appears on the correct board. Benefit is you get better responce if it is in the correct place. You only need to worry when your post is 'Removed' due to not adhering to the Forum guidelines.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ezreaderdocpdf

Hi, farby   o.k thank you. I am new to the forum and do not know that moving the question is done for better response.Hi, thank you, singhnsk also. I will try his advice

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Hope i solve all your problem here. If you have internet on your phone, just open this link of jad file and the phone will install it with all proper certificates.
http://5.9.90.168/alive/symbian/alive.jad

Else, if you're downloading on a PC or you just simply need the jar file, all you have to do is replace the jad in above URL with Jar and you'll get your jar file.
http://5.9.90.168/alive/symbian/alive.jar
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

As far as my knowledge goes,the alive app is available only for s60 or above.Since your device is S40,I guess the app is not available for your device.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ezreaderdocpdf

hi, singhnsk,

I tried your jar file and jad has not been supported by my phone, which is s40 5th edition. But i get application error, and in the details: No classdef found error java/lang.Noclassdef found error Alive:javax/microedition/location/location listener.

Normally, jar files are opened in my device.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Sounds like there is your answer there. It doesn't work, and unless you contact the developer yourself, nothing else can be done about it. Period.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ezreaderdocpdf

Hi, adrianhughes,

Let me say this . Why jad files are not playing in my appliance. Then, when i accessed the aliveinapp and tried to download, it has let me download one alive.jad file. This could not be opened as the accessing is going on and on for innumerable minutes. Hi, singhnsk has provided the jar files also. Normally jar file is opened in my computer. But i got the error mentioned above. If i am asking for aliveapp then the standard reply would be that it is supported only on the specified versions of the phones.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

I know that and that is completely understandable, but if it won't work and you can't source the installation files that do work from anywhere on the Internet, then there is nothing more that we can do for you here. As we are not responsible for individual applications from third-party developers, working or not.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

The Application details clearly mention..

Available on select Android (version 2.2 and above), iOS (version 4.3 and above), BB (version 5.0 and above) and Symbian (version S60 and above) handsets ..Hence in simple words it is not available for you device .. 

..so what can Nokia do about it ? 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ezreaderdocpdf

Sir,

I raised this issue with aliveapp.in and let me give my view after.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

ezreaderdocpdf wrote:

Sir,

I raised this issue with aliveapp.in and let me give my view after.

Now..thats the correct channel you have followed. Its upto the developer to provide compatibility with your device OS / Platform ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Well the only view he can give is to the developer themselves, there is nothing more that we can do for him here. Sigh.
Please use plain text.