Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: antivirus

Registered Member
plg7736

antivirus

hi,

how can i download antivirus for nokia n8?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Anti virus is not really required for any Nokia phone. All you need is a little common sense. Only download and install files from reliable sources. 

http://3lib.ukonline.co.uk/viruses.htm

Please use plain text.
Megaboss

Talking about smartphones I don't think I can agree with Cjlim.

I' d recommend Kaspersky Mobile Security antivirus (used it with my E90, E72, N8, and in Windows mobile variant at HTC, as well) - it is reliable, very functional (includes antivirus itself, firewall, spam-filter, parental control, anti-theft functions, encoding, some other features) and the price is reasonable enough. To my mind, this is the best option.

Also, F-Secure is good enough (used it with E90), it provides anti-virus, firewall and anti-theft functions (no spam-filter and other additional options when compering to Kaspersky). Yet, the price is somewhat higher (2-year subscription is available).Good option, as well.

I've tried NetQin Mobile Antivirus, as well. This is the WORST OPTION - both the phones I've installed it on (E90 and E72) were severe damaged (I had to re-install the OS to get rid of NetQin completely; it helped with E72, yet E90 was practically destroyed). NetQin is for free; but I'd suggest to stay as far as possible from it .

* Using NOKIA smartphones since 2006.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

@Megaboss: I think I cannot agree with you. There is absolutely no need for antivirus yet. The programs you refere to might work exellent on the phones you've mentioned, but there is no need for it. What you really got is another battery drainer...

Following the tip of CJ is atm the best and smartest you can do. Time will show if we will ever need any antivirus program for S^3.

Cheers!

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

Yeah i totally agree with Cjlim and Fender.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

It is your phone. By all means waste your money, slow down your phone and run down your battery  with the anti virus. I know for a fact that non of the forum regulars use anti virus on their phones nor will they recommend it as a necessity. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Absolutely. Nobody is saying that these antivirus products don't work. We're saying that you don't need them in the first place if you just apply a modicum of common sense to what you do with your phone.

For example, the other day I was sent an MMS that didn't have any text to it and was sent from number "Unknown". I didn't even bother opening it, I deleted it from the inbox immediately.

At the end of the day, it's your phone. You have every right to spend your money on a product that will slow it down, sometimes make it completely unstable and perhaps make it necessary to do a full wipe to get rid of it when you realize it's clogging up the phone for no reason.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

In fact all the Anti Virus applications developed for Symbian are for draining the money out off you..The fear created by the word Virus is such that users tend to go after such applications even when not needed as mentioned above..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

i have used trials of Eset and Kaspersky av's, but i found no use of them.

i have set my phone to only install apps that are signed and the certification check must be passed, so there is no use of antivirus.

symbian phones cant easily get a virus, as i have previously read on a post here.

Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Contributor
neobutt

well to let you know that netqin is the one of stupid antivirus and mgaurd which makes accounts automatically and then it charge you for £1.50 for every update.

Saqib Naveed Butt
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Afroz_khan

7210 musci plyer sfatware
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Afroz_khan wrote:

You have to give more details about your problem so that users can help you out.. but do not post or ask anything not related to the subject line... start a new thread instead.. and.. before doing that search the forum ( use the Search box at the top of this page..) for your problem.. someone may have already posted similar problem and already got the solution...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

Afroz_khan wrote:

You do not need antivirus.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.