Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

asha 311 disable full-screen mode java

Contributor

asha 311 disable full-screen mode java

Please tell me how to disable full screen java applications? Probable this is due to the file MANIFEST.MF

Mobile Sensei

Re: asha 311 disable full-screen mode java

[ Edited ]

In Nokia Series 40, I am not aware how to control the usage of the full-screen canvas via the JAD or the MANIFEST. Therefore, which app you are about? Which control is hidden/missing because of full-screen canvas?

Counsellor

On my Asha 311, the notifications bar is unavailable in apps such as Opera Mini, Facebook and almost all of the built-in games.
Mobile Sensei

That is intended and I am not aware of a trick to change that, especially because the Canvas region would change which would create re-designed graphics for some apps. If something happens, which requires a notification, you should get a warning message. Therefore which status/notification are you missing in particular.

Counsellor

[ Edited ]

Missing the notifications bar which allows users to:

• make a call
  • start or pause music
  • put the phone in silent mode
  • etc.

without closing the app in use.

[edited for format, clarification]

Counsellor

This will become much more relevant for more people if Microsoft goes ahead with its plan to replace the Nokia Xpess browser (which does not have the same problem) with Opera Mini.