Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

.exe files on nokia 5233

Advisor
ankushahuja
Accepted Solution

.exe files on nokia 5233

would my nokia 5233 support .exe files
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: .exe files on nokia 5233

ankushahuja wrote:
would my nokia 5233 support .exe files

No, .jar or .sis

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Re: .exe files on nokia 5233

Note, though, that inside the .sis/.sisx files (which is just an installation package/archive file format), the Symbian executables have a .exe extension, too (as of Symbian OS v9 and onwards).

However, the Symbian .exe files are not the same as, e.g., Windows .exe files; Symbian doesn't run Windows apps, and Windows doesn't run Symbian apps.

Note also, that older .sis files intended for earlier Symbian versions (e.g., S60 2nd Edition, Series 80, or UIQ), also won't run on the 5233, even if they are also .sis files (i.e., what's inside the .sis files matters, too, not just the file name extension).

Please use plain text.