Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

forgotten mobitracker password

nicolien87

forgotten mobitracker password

hi i have a N8. I have fogotten my password and cant dwnload anything from ovi store because mtracker is blocking the site. Is there a way to reset it? Plz help
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: forgotten mobitracker password

May be a Hard Reset will do the trick...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

farby wrote:

Be warned that all user data and media would be erased from both C:\ and E:\ by "hard reset".

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

aspergerguy wrote:

farby wrote:

Be warned that all user data and media would be erased from both C:\ and E:\ by "hard reset".

Sorry to miss out the V. Important warning.. may be in a rush to celebrate New Year eve... but that could have been a nightmare for someone.. Sorry again..

Please use plain text.
nicolien87

where do i find the hard reset and what should i do. If it erases all data does that also means the phones software?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Refer this.. but Read the SIDE-EFFECTS in the first post itself..

Please use plain text.
cyrusmz

Hello.. I also got same problem. and could not do anything, always asking me password...

But i could fix this problem.

I Uninstall the software, but it have to be very fast before the mobiletracker load it completly.

Must be really fast...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kodaiglen

Yep unstalling the mobitracker software before it get loaded really worked..... but i dont know why the f*** they have created such a trouble some sofware..... !

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

kodaiglen wrote:

Yep unstalling the mobitracker software before it get loaded really worked..... but i dont know why the f*** they have created such a trouble some sofware..... !

Because the application is for such purpose that it should be difficult to un-install ...If its made so easy to remove then any person who finds / steals the phone will do that first and the entire purpose will be lost ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sanjeevareddy

i have 5233 handset forget the password please reaset
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

If what you mean is the Phone Security password, then you need to visit Nokia Care along with a proof of ownership (Bill / Invoice). Thats the ONLY way to get it reset to the default value 12345.

..if its the Mobitracker Password, then you need to follow the suggestion in the posts above ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
azizkhan1441992

i am lost my mobitracker password in  my nokia e63 . i am not use my phone please help me

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

The only solution seems to be a Hard Reset. First check whether you can back-up your important data thru' Nokia suite. If not and if never taken in the past you tend to lose all these, as the Reset will erase all data from the Phone memory. Refer Message 2 in THIS thread to know how to Hard reset the device.

Please use plain text.
Sage
shamsi_boy

to uninstall the mobitracker app,just simply download netqin antivirus from here:
http://www.netqin.com/en/antivirus/symbian/
install this app and then open it.in its file manager,you can remove any sort of stubborn app form you phone very easily.after uninstalling mobitracker,you can uninstall netqin too.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kailash133

good news guys  :smileyvery-happy:

netquin antivirus really works....

i installed it and succeeded to remove that dirty ''mobitrack'' which is a headache after installing it:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kailash133

Read my post, u would get relaxed frnd
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
assimbaig

This Applicaiton is hidden in your phone how to find it through that software...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lebenzo

i need to reset my pasword for mobitracker,so what must i do?

Please use plain text.
Dawa

Pls help i want to removed mobitracker from my phone nokia e61 i forgote the password.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
EXTC

1) You will have to first install software like X- plore to explorer the systems files. 2) Open X-plorer, turn on show hidden files
and go to c partition.
3) Search for files with extension .dat
4) Look for file name ProcServ.dat and move it
to memory card for backup purpose.
5) Go to application manager and try removing the application, it will work like a charm.
6) Now reboot your phone to make sure that
everything is working fine. What was the trick ? The file ProcServ.dat is used by Mobitracker
and located in C drive hence application
manager could not remove the application as
the file is in use by the OS.
Please use plain text.