Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

install base package dictionary for nokia 5800

install base package dictionary for nokia 5800

hi all.i have nokia 5800.i download persian package distionary from nokia web site.i tried to install it but it is an error. i get the message " install the base package first " .i serched in nokia web site but didnt fine the base package.how can i fix this problem?

thanks

Please use plain text.

Re: install base package dictionary for nokia 5800

Hello! I've the same problem with you! But i just fixed it:smileyhappy: Sorry, my mother language isnt english, but i try my best to let you understand what i want to say. Hope you understand my english :smileyhappy:

-Check the version of your mobile first -- click *#0000#, see if your version is it 21.0.101? Cuz your mobile need to update to this version 21.0.101 for supporting the dictionary. I think your mobile is in .0.009 version, right? Please bear in mind that the only way to solve the problem ''install the base package first'' , is to update your mobile version to 21.0.101 version! The problem will be solved!

-Please install the mini disc in your computer and finish the installation. After that you have to restart your computer. Then use the USB cable and connect to your mobile, and click the icon ''Nokia software updater'' which will be shown on the desktop after the disc installation.

-Just follow the steps to update all relating software. You have nothing to do but just to wait for the updating.

-When all software are finished installing, it will tell you that your mobile is now updated to version 21.0.101.

-Then you can install again your dictionary now! Its easy! ^-^

Hope this could help you! :smileyhappy:

Cheers~~

Chao~

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fadglee

Hi, ellenlau

Are you recently update your 5800 to v21.0.101? Which country are you?

How did you get this update? Because I'm currently on v21.0.025. Can you share what'sgood about it??

Please use plain text.

Hello!

You just have to install the disc into your PC, after the installation is finished, restart your PC and connect your mobile with using the cable and double click the icon ''Nokia software updater'' and it will update your mobile to the updatest version to 21.0.101!

I have updated my mobile to this version cuz i wanted to install the ''package dictionary''. With using this dictionary you can chose any language you like(there is more than 20 language for selection). for e.g. i have installed german and french dictionary, now i can translate german-english (or english to german) and french-english (or english to french). Dont you think it is very useful? :smileyhappy: Hope you like it :smileyhappy:  Thanks ~:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fadglee

Hi,

I already tried to update my phone through NSU before but my latest firmware update is still on 21.0.025.

It's maybe because of my region and there's still no update for me. I heard that in Hong Kong the update is availabe.

Are you from Hong Kong? Can you share your "product code" to me, so that I can update my phone to the latest firmware? 

Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon.

Please use plain text.

Hi there!

Genius! yeh im from HKG.

sorry what means of 'product code'? pls tell me how can i find it ?.....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fadglee

[ Edited ]

Hi,

The 'product code' is located at the back of your phone. But, you have to open your battery then only you can see it. It's exactly ontop of your IMEI no. Mine is 0570196. Can you share what is the other updates you've noticed? Because some says that the wifi feature are totaly gone. But maybe in China only, because of their country rules & regulations. Or, maybe you can e-mail me?

Moderator note: e-mail address removed, it is unwise to publish personal contact info on the public boards.

Message Edited by michaels on 13-Jul-2009 12:05 PM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fadglee

Hi,

Sorry for that troublesome. Thanks for correcting me.

Recently, I updated my phone via OTA to V30.0.011. Nothing much difference for V21.0.025. Anyway, the rotation quite instantly by now.If there's more, I'll let you guys know.

If you find this post helpfull, say thanks by clicking on Kudos.

Please use plain text.
aaaron

i also face this problem.i have E72 .what is the way to solve this problem.please say anyone.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@aaaron

AFAIK you are limited just to two so may have to uninstall one if this is the case.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
aaaron

how can i uninstall one?
Please use plain text.
aaaron

how can i uninstall one?current software version is 91.003
Please use plain text.